Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Phillips System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Sleepy Head info
I have a couple of questions about the info SH is providing. Experienced users may know the answers. If so I would appreciate feedback

1. What are the various triangles in the "By Pressure" table at the end of the daily tally of info? They seem to change somewhat on a daily basis but I can't determine what they are supposed to tell me. See attachment...

2. In the "Flags" section of SH there are tiny lines indicating an "incident" has occurred. When I hover over the incident line with my mouse I am given the incident name and in parenthesis there is a number. It changes depending on the incident type and the day's data. What is this number?

3. When I first started using SH, I am sure I saw a statistic in my data that said something to the effect of "non breathing time" for each sleep period. I assumed this was the sum of the various breathing cessation which occurred from all the events each night. But search as I may I don't seem to find this again. Is it there?Dont-know

Thanks

BillMar

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-11-2015 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

RE: Sleepy Head info
From what I've gathered from previous posts, this graph was a good idea that took a left turn and wound up in the boonies.

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
03-12-2015 07:49 AM
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(03-11-2015 09:18 PM)BillMar Wrote:  I have a couple of questions about the info SH is providing. Experienced users may know the answers. If so I would appreciate feedback

1. What are the various triangles in the "By Pressure" table at the end of the daily tally of info? They seem to change somewhat on a daily basis but I can't determine what they are supposed to tell me. See attachment...

2. In the "Flags" section of SH there are tiny lines indicating an "incident" has occurred. When I hover over the incident line with my mouse I am given the incident name and in parenthesis there is a number. It changes depending on the incident type and the day's data. What is this number?

3. When I first started using SH, I am sure I saw a statistic in my data that said something to the effect of "non breathing time" for each sleep period. I assumed this was the sum of the various breathing cessation which occurred from all the events each night. But search as I may I don't seem to find this again. Is it there?Dont-know

Thanks

BillMar

That chart was intended to be the distribution of events by pressure. It's kind of a fail at this point.

The events are also summarized on the Daily / Events detail. The number in parenthesis is seconds. I notice many events in PR machines are less than 10 seconds, so apparently it flags some pretty short duration events.

You can find the Total Time in Apnea in the overview chart. Hover over the TTIA chard for the day of interest and the number of seconds total will show up.

03-12-2015 08:31 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
BillMar Offline

Members

Machine: Phillips REMstar Auto A-Flex Model 560

Other Comments:

SleepRider,

Thanks for the help on the three points. I appreciate it...

As regards question (2), I guess this must be some sort of a daily average of time per event. Even though I have multiple events in all the categories each day, the number in parenthesis is the same for each of those events for that day. It changes from day to day for each event flag.

However if I sum up, say, all the "H" or "OA" event seconds next to each flag on any given day, the sum of those seconds in the event flags section is very considerably more than the "total apnea" time in the wave form below. Curious...

BillMar

(03-12-2015 08:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 09:18 PM)BillMar Wrote:  I have a couple of questions about the info SH is providing. Experienced users may know the answers. If so I would appreciate feedback

Thanks

BillMar

That chart was intended to be the distribution of events by pressure. It's kind of a fail at this point.

The events are also summarized on the Daily / Events detail. The number in parenthesis is seconds. I notice many events in PR machines are less than 10 seconds, so apparently it flags some pretty short duration events.

You can find the Total Time in Apnea in the overview chart. Hover over the TTIA chard for the day of interest and the number of seconds total will show up.
03-12-2015 09:33 AM
on the virge Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PRS 1 (560) Auto with A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Philips Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 7-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments:

(03-12-2015 09:33 AM)BillMar Wrote:  As regards question (2), I guess this must be some sort of a daily average of time per event.
However if I sum up, say, all the "H" or "OA" event seconds next to each flag on any given day, the sum of those seconds in the event flags section is very considerably more than the "total apnea" time in the wave form below. Curious...
BillMar
I believe the numbers in () are bugs. As Sleeprider answered, the times for the events are those indicated on the "Events" display of the Daily stuff on the left side. If you add them (H+CA+OA) up (they are in seconds) you get the total number of seconds in apnea displayed on the Overview as Minutes:Seconds

(03-11-2015 09:18 PM)BillMar Wrote:  1. What are the various triangles in the "By Pressure" table at the end of the daily tally of info? They seem to change somewhat on a daily basis but I can't determine what they are supposed to tell me. See attachment...
Thanks
BillMar

I have not been able to figure out the triangular lines; but the rest of the chart is interesting. If you look at the AHI line this says that your AHI during the night at pressure 8 was 2.56. This is not very enlightening since your entire night was at 8. In my case, I spend time at pressures between 7 and 12 so that the different numbers are my AHI at the pressure "cell". They do not add up across pressures because of the different number of minutes in each pressure "cell" but if you divide the minutes (492.2) by 60 you get 8.2 hours; multiply that by the 1.22 on CA and you get the 10 clear airway events; multiply that by the 1.34 on H and you get the 11 hypopnea events; and multiply that by the .73 on RE and you get the 6 RERA events. This can then provide data on at what pressure "cells" you have events. Over time once could see the relationship between pressure and events using either % or index numbers. Data not as easy to exploit as one would like but spreadsheets are powerful.
You can see that for your purpose, the effort would add little because you were at a single pressure cell; but if they were distributed, the information content would be higher. Also with much more work you can extract data from the exported details or sessions csv files. They show more discreet pressure values.
03-12-2015 11:20 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
BillMar Offline

Members

Machine: Phillips REMstar Auto A-Flex Model 560

Other Comments:

Thanks all...
Got it now.

BillMar
03-12-2015 01:23 PM
TyroneShoes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
(03-12-2015 11:20 AM)on the virge Wrote:  ...I have not been able to figure out the triangular lines; but the rest of the chart is interesting. If you look at the AHI line this says that your AHI during the night at pressure 8 was 2.56. This is not very enlightening...

But if your pressure varies, it is more than enlightening, it is helpful (but probably should not even appear for fixed CPAP). If your pressure range is about right and the event aggregation is about at that pressure, then that is an indication that things are probably OK. But if you see spiking at higher, or lower pressures, that can be an indication that the range needs to be changed. Without knowing, my best guess would be that this was the intent of this feature.

It is not very intuitive, but much of this is complicated in the first place and would be difficult to portray intuitively to lay patients. I think the biggest flaw is that if you use EPR, which relates to EPAP, the events aggregate around those pressure numbers, when they probably should aggregate around our IPAP pressures.
03-13-2015 01:11 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
on the virge Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PRS 1 (560) Auto with A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Philips Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 7-11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments:

The problem is that looking at the numbers (eg.AHI) on the chart without an understanding of their meaning can be misleading. An example would be 1 event during 5 minutes would display as 12 while you could have 30 events during a 5 hour period and it would display as 6. Not complex but can lead some folks to a wrong interpretation.
03-13-2015 08:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Info on INSPIRE sleepytimegal 8 333 11-22-2016 06:54 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  How do I post Sleepyhead Info? Saskie 8 247 11-11-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Newb Brisbane Hose Head BigWillyAus 10 533 10-20-2016 05:36 PM
Last Post: BigWillyAus
  Can someone take a look at this Sleepy Head Data? crezman 19 844 09-12-2016 11:03 PM
Last Post: crezman
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 8 636 09-11-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: okieman
  fullness in head Bebe 3 302 08-30-2016 10:34 AM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Preventing head gear marks on bald head wxmcpo 17 743 08-21-2016 03:13 PM
Last Post: chill