Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to import CMS 50+ into Sleepyhead on Mac
How to import CMS 50+ into Sleepyhead on Mac
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that I could download some software onto my Mac and import data directly from a CMS 50+ oximeter. Now that I want to do it, I can't find that information. Can someone direct me to the information or tell me how to do it -- or tell me it can't be done.

My current thought is to create the data file on a PC, move just the data file to the Mac and hope that Sleepyhead can handle that.

I am hoping that my apnea treatment is working and would like confirmation by using an oximeter. I happen to think that my oxygen levels are very low over night.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Best,
cmk17
RE: How to import CMS 50+ into Sleepyhead on Mac
If you do a search using these terms, "silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge driver linux" You will find a site that has the USB to UART drivers for a Mac. Using this driver should get you going.
Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2015, 10:09 PM)cmk17 Wrote: I seem to remember seeing somewhere that I could download some software onto my Mac and import data directly from a CMS 50+ oximeter. Now that I want to do it, I can't find that information. Can someone direct me to the information or tell me how to do it -- or tell me it can't be done.

My current thought is to create the data file on a PC, move just the data file to the Mac and hope that Sleepyhead can handle that.

I am hoping that my apnea treatment is working and would like confirmation by using an oximeter. I happen to think that my oxygen levels are very low over night.
One assumes that you have downloaded SleepyHead for the Mac? (See the sticky post at the head of this forum for details)
I'm using it on an iMac under El Capitan (OSX 10.11.2) with no problems. My iMac has a built-in SD card reader and I can read the card and import it directly to Sleepyhead SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 (testing) with no issues.

sourceforge.net /projects/sleepyhead
Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
Official SleepyHead Download page is here:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

or there's a link at the top of every forum page.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey thanks for the feedback!

I use sleepyhead for the Mac and have been using it successfully since August 2015. I also figure out how to get the CMS 50D+ oximeter data into sleepyhead on the Mac. I downloaded the Silicon Labs driver and installed it. However Sleepyhead just keep crashing out instead of reading the data in from the oximeter. (At first I forgot to make sure the oximeter was on-- but then fixed that.) Sleepyhead just kept crashing.

Then I did what ever good computer geek would do -- I downloaded the OpenGL version of sleepyhead and re-installed it. (Why you ask? Why not?) Then I did what I had been doing time and time again and it immediately worked! It asked for the date and time to synchronized the oximeter against the APAP data and voila! More data, more information. Very cool -- except that my O2 reading dropped to 79 once during the night even though it otherwise hovered around 95. Oh well. I will use it a few more nights and see how much variability shows up in the readings.

Again -- thanks to all for the ongoing support.

Best,
cmk17
(12-28-2015, 11:13 PM)cmk17 Wrote: I use sleepyhead for the Mac and have been using it successfully since August 2015. I also figure out how to get the CMS 50D+ oximeter data into sleepyhead on the Mac. I downloaded the Silicon Labs driver and installed it. However Sleepyhead just keep crashing out instead of reading the data in from the oximeter. (At first I forgot to make sure the oximeter was on-- but then fixed that.) Sleepyhead just kept crashing.

Then I did what every good computer geek would do -- I downloaded the OpenGL version of sleepyhead and re-installed it. (Why you ask? Why not?) Then I did what I had been doing time and time again and it immediately worked! It asked for the date and time to synchronized the oximeter against the APAP data and voila! More data, more information. Very cool -- except that my O2 reading dropped to 79 once during the night even though it otherwise hovered around 95. Oh well. I will use it a few more nights and see how much variability shows up in the readings.
LOL -- Now retired, I've been supporting Unix/Macs since the days of LISA, so I started out with the OpenGL version -- never had any problems with it -- test version indeed!

Since I'm running 10.11.2 (El Capitan) and my iMac has a built in SD reader, I had no need of any external Drivers.

I'd work on updating the WIKI and the SleepyHead doc but since I've only had my Airsense 10 since (literally) Christmas Eve, and been on these forums since then, I am not yet eligible to be a WIKI editor. Minimally, it needs to be updated to the current generation of the ResMed line -- the five machines of the AirSense 10 line.

Bill Magill
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
Bill:

The driver is to take the data off the CMS 50D+ oximeter directly. There is no SD card. I think you are referring to the CPAP machine's SD card. For that, no driver is needed.

Best,
cmk17

(12-29-2015, 09:54 PM)cmk17 Wrote: The driver is to take the data off the CMS 50D+ oximeter directly. There is no SD card. I think you are referring to the CPAP machine's SD card. For that, no driver is needed.
Aha... OK. Yes, I was referring to the SD card.

Doing some quick checking I see that all of the various Oximeters are apparently products with USB interfaces which have proprietary software that runs on Windows only.
Bill Magill
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
The software that comes with the oximeters runs only on Windows, but Sleepyhead has software loaders that work with the drivers for each OS. As I understand it, Macs and Windows need the drivers downloaded from Silicon Labs, but the drivers that come with most Linux distributions will do the job (they did for me with a CMS50F).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2015, 04:29 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The software that comes with the oximeters runs only on Windows, but Sleepyhead has software loaders that work with the drivers for each OS. As I understand it, Macs and Windows need the drivers downloaded from Silicon Labs, but the drivers that come with most Linux distributions will do the job (they did for me with a CMS50F).

Comments like this need to be integrated into the main SleepyHead doc.

Bill Magill
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,709 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 262 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Will Not Import Last Night's Results Trevor G 1 247 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Easier way to import O2 data? BlueSky1958 6 528 02-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: kappa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.