Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continuous problem. Please advise.
RE: Continuous problem. Please advise.
I live outside the US and have Breas software so can check the data.

I am considering switching models, but as it is an expense I'll have to carry, I'm trying to sort out matters with the CPAP I currently use first. Failing that I'll switch. I think the headgear of the P10 is an issue. I can't adjust matters well. I know others are happy with it, but it just doesn't work out for me. So I'll use the Nuance to check if its headgear is any better.

I could increase the pressure as you suggest. I'll try it out with the Nuance if problems persist (higher pressure may cause more leakage and I'd like to have headgear I trust before I try that out). As my mean pressure is 8.5 (equal to min pressure), I wonder if it makes sense to increase pressure?

Not sure if anything on the Breas data is equivalent to the airflow waveforms you mention
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 06:30 PM)Visitor Wrote: I am considering switching models, but as it is an expense I'll have to carry, I'm trying to sort out matters with the CPAP I currently use first. Failing that I'll switch. I think the headgear of the P10 is an issue. I can't adjust matters well. I know others are happy with it, but it just doesn't work out for me. So I'll use the Nuance to check if its headgear is any better.

If you access to Velcro cable wraps that are about the same width as the P10 backstraps, you can cut the lower P10 strap, thread it through the slot in the velcro tiedown, and stitch it down to itself. Now you can tighten the headgear using the velcro strap. Just remember to make sure the "hook" side is down against the headgear fabric when you install it. This will work on both straps but is generally unnecessary to modify both.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I tried adjusting the straps through a similar trick, but had problems with that one. Will keep an eye out for velcro cable.

--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 06:30 PM)Visitor Wrote: I live outside the US and have Breas software so can check the data.

Not sure if anything on the Breas data is equivalent to the airflow waveforms you mention

Post some screenshots of your data from the Breas software. imgur.com is an easy site to host the pictures on.

(01-02-2015, 06:30 PM)Visitor Wrote: I could increase the pressure as you suggest. I'll try it out with the Nuance if problems persist (higher pressure may cause more leakage and I'd like to have headgear I trust before I try that out). As my mean pressure is 8.5 (equal to min pressure), I wonder if it makes sense to increase pressure?

You could be suffering from some breathing problems in the time the pressure is lower. If you're having flow limitations that don't qualify as apneas, the machine might not see them and adjust the pressure.

BTW, the dry mouth may indicate mouth leaks, which may be a problem even if you don't have a large leak rate. Have you tried a chin strap?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will post the data as soon as I have a chance. And I'm using a chin strap. But it slips off at times (as does the headgear).

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 07:29 PM)Visitor Wrote: Will post the data as soon as I have a chance. And I'm using a chin strap. But it slips off at times (as does the headgear).

Hi Visitor,

I have been reading your story and hope you are able to get sorted.
I have similar problems and I have been using religiously for one year.

Anyway just wanted to say I recently went from the P10 pillows to the Nuance and am loving it.
I seem to sleep so much better and my leaks are well down.
I wish you good success with your Nuance.

PS I have an excellent, very affordable supplier if you are ever interested in updating your equipment.
Just PM me.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gabby

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
Strangest thing: dropped the room temperature considerably last night (left the windows open to get fresh air). Woke up refreshed for the first time in a month. The room is regularly aerated at other times, so I'm not sure whether there is a link. Hard to believe it could be the temperature, but heck, I'll try it again. Will post some data when I get the chance.

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
If your treated AHI is near zero, then the XPAP has done its job, and you technically no longer suffer from sleep apnea (when treated, of course). XPAP is not always connected directly to how you feel, just like blood pressure or cardiac issues can often be, among other things.

This opens the possibility that how you feel may be due to other issues. Docs like to hone in on the first logical diagnosis they think something might be, and stop there, brush their hands off, and declare that their work is done. They can get paid at that point, so they consider that the end of the job. It might not be.

A word of advice to them: if you are looking for your car keys and then find them, you can stop, but if you are looking for a diagnosis and find ONE, that does not mean that is the answer; there may be more to the story, and if the "cure" associated with that doesn't do what we think it should, start looking for a better diagnosis.

When you are a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail to you. Drs have to become better at this, and learn to think outside the box.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,578 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.