Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepy Head loses Notes
RE: Sleepy Head loses Notes
(12-16-2018, 02:13 PM)ROBBY98 Wrote: Shown here, EPR is actually on.
Based on what you saw..would it be better to have it off?

Based on that picture EPR is only on during ramp so i would not worry about changing that setting
Post Reply Post Reply
Check.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2018, 02:13 PM)ROBBY98 Wrote: Shown here, EPR is actually on.
Based on what you saw..would it be better to have it off?

The only Sleepyhead data posted did not include the pressure graph.  We like to see Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations and snores.  The monthly calendar and pie chart should not be included as it covers or pushes down a lot of useful data.  The calendar can be minimized by clicking the triangle in the date line.  The pie chart is in the menu under File/Preferences/Appearance. See the organizing tutorial in my signature.  If you had included the pressure we would have seen any ramp and EPR related to it. In the graph below, the AHI, resp rate, pie chart and calendar are pretty worthless for evaluating your therapy.

You are in CPAP mode. To see flow limitations, you would have to change to Autoset mode, and for fixed pressure, set minimum and maximum to the same pressure. If you want to try lower pressure to observe impact on events, just start lowering from your current 10 cm to 9.0, 8.0, 7.0, each night until OA events equal CA+H, then stop. Try to keep notes on how you feel at the different settings before you look at the numbers.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9400]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK sorry I didn't see this until tonite. 
I'll suppress the unneeded data, And display what you're looking for. I actually did begin the habit about two days ago of making notes before looking at the data, right when I wake up. I did try  pressure of nine last night, resulting in roughly half of the hyponea and CA events. But of course the AHI was not much different. But even with those lower event numbers, and slighly lower AHI numbers, I actually FELT worse.  which I recorded in the notes.  Think what I might do maybe tomorrow is attach a screen shot  of the actual sleep study numbers. One thing I noticed for sure waking up today was  the results of the recovery breathing you mentioned. I'm pretty sure that's what that is.  I had a long talk with the people at the sleep lab as well. I'm going to have a meeting with the sleep doctor in the next two weeks. That's the soonest I could get in. But one path maybe to  have the doc prescribe ASV and rent a machine, maybe buy a used one. I actually saw a used one for a pretty good price at one point.  Res med air curve ASV. Also researching where central apnea comes from in the first place. But one thing I'm sure. I've had it for a really long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV works magic on central and mixed apnea, and the Aircurve 10 ASV is the best.  ASV is the only way you can get comfortable minimum pressure support to improve your tidal volume, and protection against the central  apnea and hypopnea that will accompany the use of pressure support.  If you haven't seen it before, here is a titration guideline for ASV auto.  Minimum EPAP pressures are much lower, but the pressure support ensures good volume.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK-
First off.
Let's get the view right.
Can you see everything you want to see?
Are you OK with the layout of the format of the data here?
Anything else you'd like to see?
Like one zone (s) of the graph data larger?
[attachment=9474]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2018, 12:10 PM)ROBBY98 Wrote: OK-
First off.

Turn off the right side bar with F10

Decrease the height of the Pressure graph, but other than that great job
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2018, 12:10 PM)ROBBY98 Wrote: OK-
First off.

We can be fussy, but other than the right sidebar, this looks like you can take-over the job of chart instruction.  Well done!   Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep
Your thoughts?

On the underlying cause of these Apneas?
I’m interested in getting to the root cause of these if I can.
In your opinion, from the data, is the cause for the wake ups from apneas at all?  Partially?
The sleep quality can be totally random.
And broken up it is..
That kind of sleep and lack of has been going on for YEARS.
I’d say I stop breathing during the day as well.
ASV may be part of the solution, and a doc may prescribe a medication..we’ll see..one to stimulate breathing….

Examples:
For the last 2 nights:
Woke up after several hours of sleep-
Awake for an hour or 2, and then back to sleep…but not quality sleep.
Sometimes wake up 3 times a night.

The graph from last night shows the first wake up preceded by plenty of CA’s.

Now conversely..maybe 3 nights ago, many less events shown.
Less of everything.

Is there something here in the graphs and data that you can see ties directly to the wake up piece of things? Or at least from the data shown, what can you see? Anything more helpful with the type of data you requested? Need anything else?

Now I will say that I HAVE had maybe 3 nights of improved sleep since starting CPAP…but I can’t really tie it to anything specifically….a reason.
IE..what I could do to improve the situation. And my goal is to try to improve the situation in the meantime until I can see a sleep doc.
AHI is pretty meaningless, example AHI = approx 5 last night, and I woke up twice and got like 4 -5 hours of poor sleep.

Notes:
Now I am going to see a sleep doc in the second week of Jan.
Scheduled to see a different one for a second opinion end on Jan..
I DO have atrial fibrillation, but it’s very controlled.
It’s controlled with Atenolol.
These episodes happen maybe one episode every 1.5 years.
And when it does, the episode is controlled by just taking a little more Atenolol.
I just finished wearing a heart monitor patch, with no major events.
Seeing a heart doc on that in Jan. to review.

Reasons for CA’s and complex apneas:
Well..it’s complicated…
Some discussed here:
https://www.alaskasleep.com/blog/bid/293...Treatments

Heart failure
Opioids (Not used)
Neurological issues
    Brain stem ?
         Pre Alzheimers

CPAP itself causing or aggravating the issue?
Or the wrong kind of PAP therapy?
Unknown causes?

Last night-
[attachment=9486]

Last night expanded-
[attachment=9483]

Night before last-
[attachment=9484]

Several nights ago..many less events-
Low OA, CA, H, RERA events
[attachment=9485]
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's zoom in on the flow rate and see what it looks like close-up. It really doesn't matter where. I suspect it is chronically flow-limited with a flat peak rather than rounded respiration. We have seen this borderline complex apnea a lot on the forum, and one of the people affected by it, Spy Car Bill, did a good job of documenting the problem and his eventual victory using ASV treatment. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/User-Spy-Car You might want to skim through his early posts to see what looks familiar to your experience, and of course the solution where he acquired ASV http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Adventure

His story is a good one for members with this borderline complex apnea problem because he just felt like life was getting by him and that was not acceptable. He worked hard at CPAP and when it didn't work, did the homework and advocacy to get ASV. It gave him his life back, in his own words. We can't say your solution will be the same, but I have some pretty strong suspicion it is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 243 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 1,014 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  journaling/notes per night? ImAlwaysTiredd 0 408 04-22-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: ImAlwaysTiredd
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 531 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  (Feature Request) Add notes to bottom of Statistics Page B1Sailor 0 583 10-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Feature Request: User Notes dkovax 7 866 07-02-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  OSCAR Notes disappearing elliotg 7 915 03-25-2022, 06:01 PM
Last Post: elliotg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.