Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent
RE: SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent
Hi AndyB,

I’m glad you’ve found my thread useful!

I don’t remember what flags I set in OSCAR.  I’ve been well treated for so long now, I don’t track things closely, and so memories of before-stent tracking have faded a bit.  But I have a hazy recollection that I did set custom flags to show items that never got flagged as OA’s (shorter time duration perhaps).  Mostly what I remember is each morning zooming in part way and scrolling through the night’s breath patterns.  It became pretty easy to spot the Palatal Prolapse patterns, even when looking at big chunks of waves.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this review and detailed description of your trials of the Alaxostent. Between your thread and some other's, I've ordered the Alaxo hybrid soft palate/nasal stent.

I was diagnosed with both Central and Obstructive apneas many years ago.  I was originally put on the a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV.  After multiple years of trying different setting with multiple sleep doctors, I gave up with the CPAP machine.

I'm unable to tolerate CPAP due to aerophagia.  While the CPAP therapy stopped my apneas, it caused me to wake up every night (sometimes multiple times) with bloated and cramping.  What good is no apneas if I still can't sleep?

On the bright side, when I moved from an elevation of 8700 feet down to 6000 feet in elevation, my central apneas almost completely disappeared.

Since then, I've been using an oral appliance to advance my lower jaw to help with the obstructive apneas I was having.

While the oral appliance helped, it didn't completely eliminate all my apneas.  I just ordered the Alaxo hybrid soft palate/nasal stent.  I'm being told 60 days until it arrives.  I'm hoping that the combination of the oral appliance and the stent will allow me to get some better sleep.

I liked the idea of the hybrid design because I really didn't want it showing or having to mess with taping.

Who knows, maybe I'll start my own treatment thread once it shows up.

--Weagle
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, SleepyCPAP, for the detailed reports. They and the generous support comments helped me understand a few issues with my treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palatal Prolapse and Velumount zaienk 14 842 5 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 41 11 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.