Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead 0.95 beta: Purge vs Reimport? Historical Data Gone?
SleepyHead 0.95 beta: Purge vs Reimport? Historical Data Gone?
I know this is a beta version, but it was reported stable so I downloaded it. I have also posted this question at SourceForge, where SleepyHead is hosted and development links are.

On first use, it asked for default data location, and suggested SleepyHeadData-Testing folder.

I chose the existing "SleepyHeadData" folder without the appended "-Testing" in order to use all stored data (I copied my existing folder first to save backup).

There is a message on startup which is confusing, saying "reimport data", and also saying "purge" to use new version. It purged it seems--I have no data showing.

Can I re-import 2 years of historical ResMed S9 data? I tried importing, and pointing the software to the old folder with all my old data in it, but nothing happened.

[Mac OSX 10.9.3]
RE: SleepyHead 0.95 beta: Purge vs Reimport? Historical Data Gone?
The problem is that once you purged the data from the program it doesn't exist anywhere.
Since ResMed in their infinite wisdom chose not to store more than a few days data on the SD card you can't get it back once it's gone.

I know that SleepyHead makes a backup copy of ResMed SD cards, so if that hasn't been deleted, you may be able to find those backups and reimport the data.
I HAVE all the data--I copied the folder where it was stored on my hard drive to a safe location. I just want SleepyHead to reimport that data. Pointing the Import function to that folder does not seem to do it. There are more than two years of data, the last year rich data from my S9 AutoSet and I like having the full history available.

I also have the current machine's data on the SD card in the machine, but I am not importing that till I am sure this new program won't erase THAT too.
the new version doesn't erase the backed up data, or the sdcard data, it erases it's database of stored data, presumably because they twiddled the database format, and couldn't be bothered to write a convert utility Sad

if you have the data where it can find it, it can reimport it's backups, if you previously told it to backup the sdcard data to local disk.

Yeah, that last part is the part I can't get to work. All the backup data is there in a folder, but pointing to that folder, or it's subfolder fails to import anything.
Hi AustinBaze,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
There's an option to change data folder. Have you tried that and seen what happens? Be sure to backup the data in both folders before trying it if you haven't.
Question 
This is the startup message that confuses me. The CAPS are mine for emphasis. http:// imgur.com/iZh4a4z (remove the SPACE after the two slashes in the URL, since I can't post one yet)

It says

"Software changes have been made that require the REIMPORTING of the following machine's data:

ResMed S9Escape Ser #231xxxxx can automatically PURGE this data for you, OR you can cancel now and continue to run in a previous version.

Would you like me to PURGE this data this [sic] for you so you can run the new version?"

And the only two options are Cancel or Yes.

When I first ran the new version I made the data folder change as described above. Trying to import my saved data from the old copied location does not work on the new version OR my previous version (0.9.2)--it says no data found.

The S9 Escape was a data-light machine, and it is my previous machine, so I guess losing its limited old data is not so horrible. I am reluctant to import the SD card in my current CPAP (data-rich S9 Autoset) if I might lose that data too, which is important and used by my pulmonologist.
I'll repeat, the new version doesn't erase the sd card data.

if you're in doubt, make a backup of it yourself.

the s9 only keeps about a week of detailed data anyway.

alternatively, use an older version of sleepyhead.
Sorry, but since installing the new version, the old version does not display the data it once did either. Pointing it to the saved directory (that is full of all my saved data) results in a "No Data Found there" message from the OLD version. Same with the new version, its as if they don't "see" the files and files of data I can see there.

So I am stuck with a new version with data from the SD card only, or an old version with no data at all, despite careful backups and a full backup of the data folder before a version upgrade. Seems I am doing something wrong, but either way I am kind of screwed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,632 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Purge some old data in OSCAR Millstone50 8 1,109 12-30-2021, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,260 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Oscar Beta Download - Popup Message u4ea 20 2,839 09-06-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.