Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead
Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead
I am about to reinstall my iMac and would like to know if I can copy my pressent settings and preferences in Sleepyhead, so that I don't have to set it all over again after a fresh installation. Is there a set of files or a folder I can copy between installations?

Should I use Backup Journal to copy data or can I simply read all the data from the SD card again?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead
In SleepyHead if you click on Help and then About SleepyHead, under the sheep on the right side you can click on Show data folder. Zip everything in there and save it (dropbox or thumbdrive where ever you can) then restore that folder to the same location when you reinstall SleepyHead.

You can omit the actual machine folder under your Profile name provided your SD card contains all the data since day 1. Otherwise you will lose it obviously. The new install of SleepyHead will read in all dates from your SD card as long as A) It doesn't exist in the data folder and B) you haven't set "Do not import sessions older than" in Preferences / Import tab.

Backup Journal will just backup journal entries (Notes tab in Daily) if you have any. Journal entries are saved in a folder under your profile and zipping all your data will save it but never hurts to have a backup. Make a note of where it saves it to so you can copy it before nuking the OS.

My advice is play it safe and zip everything and save it. You never know when your SD card may fail or if you are like me, I have close to 6gb of data in my SleepyHead folder and I've been through a few SD cards before settling on FlairAir so I don't have a complete backup of it other than the occasional zip file I make when I think of it. (Like today) Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 288 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 528 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 461 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 646 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Reinstalling OSCAR Arik 6 763 11-17-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR preferences for flagging HR & SpO2 events? cathyf 5 865 06-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
Angry Saving OSCAR preferences derekpotter 13 1,230 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.