Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 merging two nights into one, and other sudden weirdness
Sad 
SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 merging two nights into one, and other sudden weirdness
I've been using SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2 for nearly 10 days now. This has been my first experience looking at my machine's data. First I did a bulk import directly from my SD card, now I'm using a FlashAirIII card to transfer over WiFi using a Windows network mapped drive pointing to the card. Importing has been seamless, until yesterday.

Two days ago, I got my brand new CMS50IW Pulse Oximeter. Before I used it, I used the software to time-sync the device with my PC. I also started/ended my Auto-BPAP & the PulseOx recording at the same time.

Yesterday was my first day with data, so I attempted to import it. Initially, I missed some of the directions and I attempted to import the data directly from the device instead of pointing to a saved .SpO2 file. I also chose the time-sync option saying I started both devices at the same time, even though things looked kind of weird at that point because the clock said ~03:00 instead of ~23:00. After that, all my DreamStation data was smushed to the left, and my CMS data went on for something like 35 hours.

After realizing my mistake, I purged the CMS data (Data > Advanced > Purge Oximetry Data > Current Days) and attempted to reimport with manual time settings, but nothing looked right. Eventually I realized I was supposed to import from the .SpO2 file. At this point, I stopped keeping track of all the fiddling I was doing in between purging daily CMS data and purging daily DreamStation data. Eventually, using manual time-entry to sync the time (not the first time I tried that), I had good DreamStation & CMS data that lined up. I left it at that for yesterday.

Today, I logged in and tried looking at yesterday's data. Sure enough, it was back to smushed DreamStation data and elongated CMS data. I re-purged everything for those days. When I was done, it looked like the top picture here. Nice and clean.

Then I closed SleepyHead with the X in the upper-right, and then reopened it. I didn't import anything-- I just went straight to daily view. Then I noticed that my Oximetry data had magically reappeared (notice the red dates in the 2nd picture, along with the daily views showing the CMS sessions dates/times in the 3rd and 4th pictures).

What is causing my Oximetry data to reappear like this? I even tried running in SleepyHead as an administrator, and that didn't make a difference when I purged the same Oximetry Data.

I need to figure this part out before I can move in and begin trying to figure out why my Oximetry data isn't always lining up correctly even with manual time entry.

--
Also, I don't know if it's related or not, but previously my Prescription Settings Changes in the Statistics tab have only had 1 line. Suddenly after messing with this stuff yesterday, I noticed I have 9 lines of Prescription Changes that don't seem to make any sense. Some of them are only 1 day long, and the Mode keeps swapping between Fixed Bi-Level and Auto Bi-Level (Variable PS). I even saw straight CPAP in there one time, but that's disappeared at this point. The pressure settings remain the same on all these lines. So weird!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 merging two nights into one, and other sudden weirdness
The direct oximetry import is a known bug in SH 1.0. It seems to miss the termination character during import. I've found that you can import the data from the .SpO2 file but will lose the perfusion index data.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead 1.0.0-beta-2 merging two nights into one, and other sudden weirdness
Right-- that's the part I figured out. But how can I clean up my days so that the Oximetry data doesn't keep coming back after I purge it?
Post Reply Post Reply
There's probably an easier way but look in the SH data directory->Profiles->Username->CMS50_? directory for the events and delete these. If you decide to try this, make a backup of the data first. I haven't tried this before. If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Edit: If you go back to the days that the SpO2 import messed-up and re-import (real word?) the data from the .SpO2 file it should overwrite the bad data. I realize that if you have more than a few days then this idea is totally worthless.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2016, 07:38 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: There's probably an easier way but look in the SH data directory->Profiles->Username->CMS50_? directory for the events and delete these.

Perfect! This worked great. While I was at it, I modified some of my XML files to remove all references to the Oximetry device since it had erroneously created two different entries (I don't know why, but probably related to when I tried directly importing in the first place). Then I restarted SleepyHead over and over and the Ox data never came back =)

Now with that situation stabilized, I'm on to my next issue. Even though I synched my Ox to my computer prior to first use, SleepyHead reads the first SpO2 file as starting at 3:06 AM on *28* June instead of 23:06 AM on *27* June. Even when I check the box saying that I started both at the same time, and then I manually adjust the time to 23:06, it doesn't bring the date backwards with it. This perfectly explains why my previous data import stretched across days. In this case, my 27 June data just jumped right up into 28 June. Double checking this, I slept longer on 27 June than 28 June and sure enough, the newly imported Ox data that was erroneously assigned to 28 June stretches outside the boundaries of the 28 June xPAP data.

So does anyone know how to modify the DATE of incoming SpO2 data? Correcting time, alone, is not good enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
" 3:06 AM on *28* June instead of 23:06 AM on *27* June. " sounds kinda like the difference between your own local time zone, and GMT (Grenwich Mean Time). Is there a setting for "use local time" somewhere .... anybody?
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed's allow the time to be set. It's in the clinician menu area. P-R's are set at the factory to GMT and will drift over time. SleepyHead allows you to adjust to the local time for these models.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for butting in since I can't offer help to shawn42. Replies to him suggest responders will point the way to a full solution for him that could help me. A search brought me to this thread.

I have related problems I've unsuccessfully tried to rectify in the A10 clinician area. Upon attempting to match (retard) A10's across-the- dateline date to California's date I get the message that one cannot do that. I think the date mismatch affects shawn42 and me.

Two situations have me stumped. My fix/"solution" is to arrange my (retiree) sleep schedule to fit. Troubles arise when sleeping-time spans across either the time of local noon or local midnight.

First, the lower frequency/severity problem. If up too late before sleeping and I want to sleep past local noon, I must set an alarm and awaken before noon to stop the air flow and then leave machine stopped, but not powered off, while continuing my sleep without the mask (unless I reawaken, say, an hour later and can then turn flow back on). Otherwise, data for compliance reporting and SH disappears, as I recall--something having to do with how the A10 is polled for data through its internal wireless at local noon.

Second, the more disruptive problem. If I go to sleep before local midnight I cannot get my CMS50I data to appear in SH after midnight. If I always delay putting on the mask until after midnight there is no problem with display of my SpO2, Pulse rate and Perfusion Index. I am careful to start the A10 and CMS50I nearly simultaneously and to synchronize CMS data to the A10 clock. (That clock drifts badly so I reset the minutes frequently, the CMS once in a while too).

I'd like to eliminate these problems or learn a better work around. Any help would be appreciated.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Identify nights by notes? BlueSky1958 6 981 06-11-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sudden incomplete data from AirSense 11 import geosyncline 0 604 02-21-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: geosyncline
  Sudden, erroneous, invariant, on-screen (VAuto) reports of AHI 2SleepBetta 0 571 09-18-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Sudden chart display problem [solved, see post #2] ak99 2 645 08-04-2022, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ak99
Question How to diagnose sudden onset of crashes every time I pull data from my CMS50F? MrPete 9 1,060 01-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oscar Beta Download - Popup Message u4ea 20 2,811 09-06-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Hard Crash on import - OS X Catalina beta Patriceg 6 1,278 08-30-2021, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.