Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
Question 
SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
Tried to install SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows like any other program installation.  Got the expected Windows Security pop-up and selected "More Info" and "Run Anyways".  Program did not install but downloaded to a directory and every time I wanted to use it I had to go in and double click on the executable file in my folder structure.  Program worked but many of the fonts were wacky so I went into "Preferences" to make changes and played with some of the other preferences.  At one time I somehow corrupted the program and it won't launch when I go to open it.  I just get the little sheep icon that goes away after a few seconds.  I then deleted the files and all my data to start over.  Now if I select "Run" when trying to install I get the Windows Security pop-up again and this time when I select "Run Anyway" it just times out.  Only thing I can do is download the file and launch the executable file but again same thing happens.  I get the little sheep icon for a few seconds and then it goes away.

I have installed SleepyHead 1.0.0 Beta for Windows and I have to say it installs more like a normal program.  I get the startup icons and can launch from my desktop without having to go into the folder structure to launch.  However, I would prefer to use the latest and greatest.  I also understand the original developer has bowed out.

It would be nice if 1.1.0 would install and run like 1.0.0 Beta

I should also mention I am using a 64-bit Windows 10 installation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
Unlike prior versions, SH 1.1.0 is a standalone executable program, there isn't any install for it.  You may have a corrupt profile,  Try renaming your profile and deleting any reference in the registry.  Your profile will be in the SleepyHeadData folder.  Its location "should" be located in "MyDocuments\SleepyHeadData-master\Profiles".  The registry declaration is located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jedimark.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks... I have deleted all files and directories for version SH 1.1.0 and my profile. Still have the problem when trying to relaunch after a new download. I'm assuming it is the Registry issue. Any instructions on how to delete the registry declaration for a Windows 10 system?
Post Reply Post Reply
Use "regedt" and after navigating to jedimark, delete it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks... for archival purposes I believe you meant navigate to "RegEdit".  I deleted it and rebooted my system.  Then downloaded the SH 1.1.0 executable file again and same thing.  It looks like it wants to launch and then Peter's out.  For now I'm good using SH 1.0.0 Beta.  I like that it runs like a regular program and it does what I need it to.  I think it is missing a few items but overall I can work with it.  Once I learn more about my Apnea I'll reach out for advice and contribute a donation.  My sleep lab has been slow to respond to my complex apnea and I'm getting worse sleep when using my BiPAP machine than when I don't.

Sure would be nice if an amicable solution could be found.  This program is a bit glitchy and I get that his passion turned into poison, but this is way better than the ResMed software offered via this forum.  ResMed is more stable but just not as informative. With the proper funding, resources and time SH could be a great program folks may actually consider paying for if the cost is not unreasonable.  There's always a win-win solution and it would be a shame to let this program rot and decay as advances are made in Apnea equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul, go in the main forum and you will see that OSCAR is due to launch soon.  The installation bugs are being worked out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool.  Hope OSCAR is as good as SleepyHead without the drama.  I'm new to this whole Apnea thing--actually I'm not but just finally diagnosed. CPAP improved things by about 50% but was moved to a BiPAP which so far has made things worse than no CPAP or BiPAP.  I finally gave up on my Dr. and Sleep Lab being responsive so started searching for help on the Web.  Much to my surprise, looks like there are good resources.

Looking forward to the launch of OSCAR!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem:  1.1.0 won’t start.  Deleting the Jedimark folder in the Registry fixed the problem.  Actually, I did a lot more clean up of SleepyHead from my computer, along with the Registry deletion, so I’m not sure what fixed it exactly.

If Registry edit does not work, let me know and I’ll post all the details of what I did.

Brief detail:  My problem started when I changed the Preferences, graphics processor;  a pop up told me to restart, so I OKed;  then it would not restart.

Same as Paul Massie, I have low quality font in my SleepyHead graphs.  Both 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.  Under 1.1.0 Preferences, there is a suggestion to change the graphics processor if there is a display issue.  I won’t try that again.

I tried both versions on my wife’s new Windows 10 computer, and the fonts are just fine.  So the font quality bug seems to be related to the graphics details.  I’m using a high performance MSI laptop with NVIDIA graphics, Windows 8.

Paul, I also like 1.0.0, except it has a serious bug:  On the Overview tab, all the AHI data (in the top graph) more than a month in the past is wrong.  My Apnea Board Forum thread on this bug is dated 3/6/2019.  That thread has a page of details on this.  I see this problem with Windows 8, Windows 10, and with my son’s Mac, so it’s not just a graphics bug.  AHI data is fine with 1.1.0.

Paul:  is your Overview AHI data in 1.0.0 wrong more than a month ago?  Compare to previous ResMed data, if you have backup.  ResMed deletes details of data more than a month old, but saves summary data in the file “STR.edf”.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was finally able to clear all references to JediMark and SleepHead in my registry.  My first attempt didn't get them all so things still didn't work.  I went back in a second time and uninstalled version 1.0.0 and used "regedit" to "find" and delete all references to JediMark and SleepyHead in my registry.  I was then able to download and run version 1.1.0 again.  So, unfortunately I don't have my 1.0.0 version to reference. I want to say I looked back to January when I started on this BiPAP and don't recall seeing any issues, but I'm fairly new to SleepyHead so may not have noticed.  I was focusing more on the last few weeks.

I too cratered my original download of SH 1.1.0 when I changed the Preferences for my Graphics Engine thinking that may be the cause of some of my font/display issues.  Originally, I made changes to fonts and then somehow lost the daily graphs.  I had the data in the left column but all of my data charts disappeared.  This happened several times and my solution was to download SleepyHead verions 1.1.0 again and start over.  However, on the last attempt that cratered everything I tried to change my Graphics Engine preference from "Desktop OpenGL" to "Angle \ OpenGELS" just to see what would happen.  From that point, I could not get SH 1.1.0 to launch until clearing the registry.  I noticed this Graphics Engine option is not in version 1.0.0.

I am using a monitor set at 3840 x 2160.  This is a monitor I use for photography.  I too have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card on a Windows 10 box.  Don't know if this helps with this bug.  My solution has been to take all fonts to Arial 8 which works well on the "Daily" tab for almost everything (Time at Pressure and Y-axis scale are crowded).  However, this renders everything on "Statistics" tab at about Arial 4 font size.  At this point I am not touching anything else as I can make do.  Hope OSCAR addresses some of these display challenges in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry if I missed this in all the discussion, which is mostly beyond me anyway: you did try the brokengl.exe versions, right?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 51 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,391 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 313 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 740 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,576 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 748 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.