Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
RE: SleepyHead 1.1.0 for Windows will not install--clicked on Run Anyway
(04-08-2019, 08:36 PM)sheepless Wrote: sorry if I missed this in all the discussion, which is mostly beyond me anyway: you did try the brokengl.exe versions, right?

There is no broken gl version of 1.1 the display settings control that
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure I understand... what is brokengl.exe version?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes.  SleepyHead-BrockenGL.exe was one of the first things I tried;  no help with my problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
the broken gl is included in the installed 1.0.0 beta2 and solved graphics processing problems I had with win10 and the open gl version of SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still not sure what the "broken gl".  At one point I had SH 1.0.0 beta or beta2 (which ever is accessible from this forum) and it did not solve my graphics problem.  Daily graphs and fonts were still a problem and it even made some of the left hand column daily data fonts even smaller.  Hence, I went back to SH 1.1.0 once I got my registration problem resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply
sounds like you resolved your problem and don't need this (and I can't say for sure it'll help with your issues} but fwiw: in windows 10, SH (1.0.0 beta2) installs to c:\program files (x86)\sleepyhead. this folder includes SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe

I created a desktop icon for this exe and use that to start the brokengl version. solved my graphics issues (that may not or may not have been similar to yours).
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'm with you now.  Thanks.  I downloaded the executable SH 1.1.0 to a SH directory in my Documents folder.  Then created a "short-cut" I pasted to my Desktop.  A bit old school and crude but works.  Hoping that the new OSCAR program will eventually resolve these concerns.

Thanks for you input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul and Pete, the fact you both used the option in the Sleepyhead Menu: File/Preference/Appearance, and chose an option to the default Desktop OpenGL (options are for ANGLE / OpenGLES or Software Engine) is a concern.  We have been aware of a display problem on very high resolution monitors, sometimes called 4K resolution, where fonts display improperly and are too small to read.  The Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead includes an obscure section to resolve this problem here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...n_Monitors

Quote:If you use an ultra high definition monitor (UHD), the print size may appear extremely small or be unreadable. To resolve this problem:
  1. Go to whatever folder containing the Sleepyhead.exe program.
  2. Right click on 'SleepyHead.exe'.
  3. Left click on 'Properties'.
  4. Left click the 'Compatibility tab'.
  5. Left click box for 'Overide high DPI scaling behavior'.
  6. Scaling performed by: Click on drop down box just below and select 'System'.
  7. Click Apply, then Okay.

This change is safe and I don't know much about the options in the Sleepyhead Appearance menu. If that option has the potential to "crater" the application or your computer, we need to resolve this in the next version.  I'd encourage you to try the steps above, and please clarify what happened when you used the menu option in Sleepyhead.  It appears we should include a warning, or perhaps just advise people to use the System Scaling option, and remove the display options from the appearance menu.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried your recommendation.  It does improve graphics size and font size overall on all the screens, but at a severe cost of resolution.  I reverted back to the default settings.  This works for now and I'm grateful to have access to this data.  I'm really struggling with my BiPAP to the point I have almost stopped using it.  I'm down to 2-4 hours a night.  This gives me a view to what is working and what is not.  More than happy to test, break things and report back if it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paul, as far as I know you have not started a therapy thread or posted graphs. Maybe give us a shot at improving your results?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 56 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,391 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 313 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 742 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,576 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 749 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.