Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead AHI question
SleepyHead AHI question
Hi!

Love the software. Have one question though:

The other night the software said:
You had an AHI of 1.70, which is considered reasonably good

Last night it said:
You had an AHI of 3.34, which is considered technically "treated"

Why is a higher number "treated" and a lower number "reasonably good"? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

FWIW, my untreated AHI (no machine) is 145.

MWD
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead AHI question
Anything under 5 is considered treated. 3.34 didn't say it was good, just that it was treated. Obviously, the lower the better!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just semantics. There is no scientific or medical meaning to the phrases the programmer decided to use. Anything less than 5 is "technically treated."
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 07:25 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Anything under 5 is considered treated. 3.34 didn't say it was good, just that it was treated. Obviously, the lower the better!

(12-14-2015, 07:27 PM)AlanE Wrote: It's just semantics. There is no scientific or medical meaning to the phrases the programmer decided to use. Anything less than 5 is "technically treated."

Thank you!

MWD
Post Reply Post Reply
These are editorial comments about treatment by the software author. An AHI of 5.0 or less is "treated". An AHI less than 2.0 is pretty good, and less than 1.0 is excellent. Just qualitative comments based on the summary of results and perhaps one-step up from a smilie face or frowny face.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're under 5 consistently, you can smile and whistle a happy tune and ignore the semantics.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 08:44 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: If you're under 5 consistently, you can smile and whistle a happy tune and ignore the semantics.

Nice!

Thank you.
Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll also find it's not so much the numbers but more about how you feel. You can have a 5 AHI and feel pretty good and you can have a 1.00 AHI and feel horrible. Sleepyhead is a good tool to use for figuring out what works and when.

I see you live in Wyoming. Must be getting a bit chilly this time of year.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2015, 07:34 AM)AlanE Wrote: You'll also find it's not so much the numbers but more about how you feel. You can have a 5 AHI and feel pretty good and you can have a 1.00 AHI and feel horrible. Sleepyhead is a good tool to use for figuring out what works and when.

I see you live in Wyoming. Must be getting a bit chilly this time of year.

something like 18 inches of snow the past few days.

MWD

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reading Sleepyhead/Oscar reports TheManseHen 3 1,040 04-28-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,418 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Flow Rate Question Ron AKA 3 1,565 03-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  sleepyhead and dreamstation question car54 3 1,347 03-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Question about SleepyHead graphs nosleeptilbklyn 6 1,438 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: nosleeptilbklyn
  sleepyhead question Rastur 4 1,426 07-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  SleepyHead Data Question tiwaniuk 5 1,322 05-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: stanleydean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.