Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan -- arrow key function
ResScan -- arrow key function
This is crazy.
This morning, I discovered while using ResScan that the arrow keys would expand and contract the time scale. Both up/down and left/right (and the mouse wheel) did the time scale change.

Now, I discover it will not do that no matter what! None of the arrow keys do anything, nor the wheel.
What did I change to eliminate that function and how do I get it back?

(Aside: it sure was stupid (when it was working) that the left-right keys did the same thing as up/down. IMNSHO, the left-right should SLIDE the time scale, not expand/contract.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan -- arrow key function
Click in the time scale box as if you are going to change the time scale using that menu.
Once highlighted, rolling the wheel will change the scale, et cetera.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2014, 12:37 PM)justMongo Wrote: Click in the time scale box as if you are going to change the time scale using that menu.
Once highlighted, rolling the wheel will change the scale, et cetera.
Well that's it. You are correct.

May I allow as how that is a totally stupid (to be blunt) implementation.
That's just my opinion however, you understand.

Post Reply Post Reply
I actually discovered it by accident. I had changed time scale in the lower window; and wanted to scroll down the graphs -- instead the time scale changed. Yeah, it is a dumb interface.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Speaking of interface, there is a red vertical line in the bottom panel, close to the center. Do you know what that is supposed to indicate?
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that is to give you an exact time reference when moving back and forth between different charts especially when you have to page up or down. At least that is what I use it for.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I **REALLY** wish there was a control on each chart to change it to the same exact time location and expansion level as the other panel. I spend so much time adjusting scales and location--and you have to do each one independently.

Another great control would 'lock' the panels together--so whatever sliding or expansion you did in one would automatically happen in the other..
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too. Actually it would be great if one could set them up to operate whichever way one would like. There may be some people that like to viwe the whole night on one panel and be able to focus in on detail on the other panel where they have seen something interesting on the whole night display

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's what I meant...a control toggle which you would turn on or off to lock, unlock the panels.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 432 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,624 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.