Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 - 9.5 cmH2O
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type II Diabeties

Sex: Male

RE: SleepyHead App?
OK, I'm pretty much on the far edge of knowing what I'm talking about here.

While on the ship, the C-Pap is plugged directly into a 110v (50 Hz, I think) outlet, and the C-Pap brick can handle 110/240 V, 50/60 Hz input, with a 12V, 5.0 A output.

The surge protector is also connected to another 3 prong, grounded, 110v outlet while on board, but it also has a 1A USB outlet in addition to 3 110v receptacles. We use that to power all of the rest of otherwise unnecessary electronic crap.

When we are not on the ship and in a hotel and it is necessary to use the standard Italian 3 prong grounded outlet, I run the C-Pap through the surge protector.

I hope this is more clear.

Phil
06-09-2014 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(06-08-2014 08:51 PM)archangle Wrote:  I think that on ResMed S9 and PRS1 machines, you can replace the detachable power cord that goes from the power brick and the wall to get the right plug.

I think that's a CEE7/16 to C7 power cord. Not sure, though.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-09-2014 01:22 PM
pdeli Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Philips Respironics, BiPAP Auto, Bi-Flex, 760P
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 - 9.5 cmH2O
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type II Diabeties

I'm sure you are correct, but it's a lot easier to haul around a couple of small throw away adapters than several extra specialize cords.

Presently I have a zip bag full of various USB - micro cords, an Ipad cord, a Nook cord, charger plugs, as well as a card reader and a USB hub. Oh, and plus the surge protector and extension cord. I have no shortage of electronic crap.

We've been on a ship for a week now with lots of outlets and room to spread out. The next three weeks in Rome will likely prove more challenging, but I think I probably be fine.

Also, I was able to pickup 2 five liter bottles of distilled water from the ship's laundry (ironing), so that issue has been handled. That was fortuitous to say the least.

Phil
06-12-2014 03:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(06-12-2014 03:14 PM)pdeli Wrote:  I'm sure you are correct, but it's a lot easier to haul around a couple of small throw away adapters than several extra specialize cords.

I agree. In fact, a single adapter that can be purchased for just a few dollars will work just about anywhere in the world.

The trick is to have it on hand. If you are stuck somewhere without it you'll end up paying a lot more for it. For example, $3 from Amazon, but $30 at an airport shop.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-12-2014 06:32 PM
Thread Closed