Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead App?
SleepyHead App?
I'm wondering if there is a SH app or any plans for one.

Phil
RE: SleepyHead App?
No, but there's a crappy Respironics app called SleepMapper.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
And I think a ResMed one. Just as crappy and useless.

But no, I doubt a SH app is anywhere in the works. It is enough fun just keeping the software working.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

I didn't think there's anything out there, but I wanted to check. I just have to live a month without being able to check AHI.

On a related subject (here in Venice) , C-Pap works fine. I bought a European surge protector at a travel specialty travel store beforehand, and it has 3 AC outlets and a USB port. That with USB hub allows us to keep all phones, cameras, and toothbrush fully charged.

Phil
(06-07-2014, 01:45 AM)pdeli Wrote: I just have to live a month without being able to check AHI.

You can check your AHI and percent time in large leak on your machine's on-screen display.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Got it, thanks.

I also find distilled water to be be generally available.

Phil
(06-07-2014, 01:45 AM)pdeli Wrote: On a related subject (here in Venice) , C-Pap works fine. I bought a European surge protector at a travel specialty travel store beforehand, and it has 3 AC outlets and a USB port. That with USB hub allows us to keep all phones, cameras, and toothbrush fully charged.

So, is there a transformer in there that steps down the voltage to the North American standard of 120 volts?

Just so you know, that's not necessary for your CPAP machine. If you look at the power supply you'll see that it'll run on either 120 volts or the European 240-volt standard. You just have to use a simple adapter because the geometry of plugs is different (flat spades in North America, round pins on the European continent).
Sleepster

Yes, there is a converter built in, and although many pieces of equipment (C-Pap, laptops, phone chargers) can handle either 240 or 110, this unit ($30) on a 8" cord, has 4 110v outlets and a USB port. I also have a USB hub and 12' extension cord (110v plug) since the outlets usually are not in a handy location.

So I am able to run the C-Pap beside the bed, and charge the iPads, Elect Toothbrush, cameras, and phones all at once.

Ciao,

Phil
This is just me, but for something as expensive as a CPAP machine, I would rather use the electricity provided because I don't know what that converter is doing to the AC waveform.
Sleepster

(06-08-2014, 12:02 PM)Sleepster Wrote: This is just me, but for something as expensive as a CPAP machine, I would rather use the electricity provided because I don't know what that converter is doing to the AC waveform.

I think that on ResMed S9 and PRS1 machines, you can replace the detachable power cord that goes from the power brick and the wall to get the right plug.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.