Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead & CMS50F Oximeter & Mac
RE: SleepyHead & CMS50F Oximeter & Mac
(03-27-2015, 10:13 PM)Big Dog NY Wrote: I would like to know if anyone is using Sleepyhead for Mac and is able to import CMS50F oximeter data? Every time I try it either crashes the software. I also cannot find any software that work s on a MAC for the CMS50F, I would think someone must have written something by now for a mac to view your data. I am looking forward to importing the data files on the CMS50F not only to view the data as a stand along software but also by importing it into sleepyhead to have integrated data for a oximeter and APAP in one application. Any information would be greatly appreciated, also if this has been asked before, I did search for it but might have overlooked it someplace.

Thank You,
Keith
Have you had any success. I downloaded Sleepyhead for the first time today as I was sick of the old PC running Resmed software. I'm a Mac person so it was only today I found 'Sleepyhead'. Downloaded it and it was brilliant. My Resmed SD card just downloaded instantly and there is a lot more info on the Sleepyhead software too. Later today I tried to hook up my Contec CMS50F Oximeter with no success but after coming on to this forum I was directed to a download site for appropriate drivers and now the Oximeter connects. I'll try it tonight for a download tomorrow to see if it all works. At the moment it just gives me real time on screen data so the download tomorrow will be the test.

Post Reply Post Reply
we are a startup working on a android mobile app to extract data from CMS50K and present it back directly. We will be piloting the app early next year.

If you are interested to become our beta customers, we will push the beta app to you.

anyone interested?
Post Reply Post Reply
SOLVED! I had trouble at first getting the connection to on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), running Sierra.
I tried several things, but the solution turned out to be USB cable. The cable that came with the device did not work well, and eventually stopped working (was just co-incidental with OS update). I got an amazon basics cable, and immediately everything worked.

Some have mentioned the need for a USB hub - I did not try that (but already ordered it, and its on the way). Turns you don't need it.
I did update the SiLabs USB driver (board does not allow me to post the link, just google CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers), I am not sure if its needed but did not seem to hurt.

Power on the device when you connect.

Other things to check on - bluetooth connection does not work, It pairs with "7762" (look at t phone dial number pad, it corresponds to "SPO2"), but none of the services work. I just turned wireless off on my CMS50F to avoid confusing the software.
Also, try a different USB port on your Mac if the first one does not work.

Hope this saves someone somewhere a few hours and $19 ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2016, 11:12 AM)ysundfw Wrote: we are a startup working on a android mobile app to extract data from CMS50K and present it back directly. We will be piloting the app early next year.

If you are interested to become our beta customers, we will push the beta app to you.

anyone interested?

If you could do it for the CMS 50D+, I'd be interested.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
does CMS50D+ support bluetooth as well? i can check with manufacturer for whether they open up the bluetooth stack, if so, we can incorporate integration with CMS50D

(03-19-2017, 08:32 PM)Beej Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 11:12 AM)ysundfw Wrote: we are a startup working on a android mobile app to extract data from CMS50K and present it back directly. We will be piloting the app early next year.

anyone interested?

If you could do it for the CMS 50D+, I'd be interested.

does CMS50D+ support bluetooth as well? i can check with manufacturer for whether they open up the bluetooth stack, if so, we can incorporate integration with CMS50D
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I have figured out how to import CMS50 data onto mac and view via Sleepyhead software.
I am using Mac Sierra 10.12 and a CMS50F bluetooth pulse oximeter.
1. download sleepyhead
2. go to Silicon valley drivers website for CMS50F and install these
3. then while syncing with USB, make sure to set wireless setting on pulse ox device to OFF or it will not sync.
Hope this helps
Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mac's are picky about cables and cable standards.
If it's not the cable being poor quality it's some other issue.
I always try another cable automatically with Macs.
Also helps to use genuine Apple ones or Belkin when possible.

Glad to see you figured it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 809 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 150 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 194 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 235 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.