Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead & CMS50F Oximeter & Mac
Question 
SleepyHead & CMS50F Oximeter & Mac
I would like to know if anyone is using Sleepyhead for Mac and is able to import CMS50F oximeter data? Every time I try it either crashes the software. I also cannot find any software that work s on a MAC for the CMS50F, I would think someone must have written something by now for a mac to view your data. I am looking forward to importing the data files on the CMS50F not only to view the data as a stand along software but also by importing it into sleepyhead to have integrated data for a oximeter and APAP in one application. Any information would be greatly appreciated, also if this has been asked before, I did search for it but might have overlooked it someplace.

Thank You,
Keith
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead & CMS50F Oximeter & Mac
I far as I know the only Serial-to-USB drivers are written for Windows only. In order to import the data from the CMS50F is to use Parallels to run the SpO2 Assistant software and driver to import the oximeter data. Then you can import th SpO2 data from the file instead of directly from the oximeter.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Big Dog NY,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a CMS50IW and have been able to import to SleepyHead v0.9.8.1-Testing OpenGL on OS X 10.10. I vaguely remember a problem with some version of SleepyHead crashing when I tried to import from the pulse/ox. If this version doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll send you my copy (I built from source).

It might now be an issue with the CMS50F, but I did have to install the latest (beta) SiLabs USB driver (as of 22 Feb 2015) before SleepyHead could see the CMS50IW.

Good luck,
Elron
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead crashes on my Apple when I try to install the Oxi data from CMS50F

Installed latest drivers for this on the Apple, the software crashes immediately...works well on Windows

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.
I was wondering, does anyone have any update on this?

Is there a device that records PO overnight that can then be transferred to mac (or even an iphone).

If not, is is possible to plug in a CMS 50 device, copy the file and email it to someone with a PC?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
To read the CMS50K data, OSX needs to have the LINUX drivers installed.
There is another thread which has them listed in it:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ead-on-Mac
Bill Magill
Retired computing and networking professional
(ARPAnet, Unix and Mac OSX)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,
but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint —
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
The Doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
If you google 'silicon labs cp210x' you will find a link to the silabs Virtual Com Port drivers download page. The have drivers for Windows, Macs, and Linux (but the Linux drivers are not needed, as most distributions include a good-enough driver).

The Linux drivers won't work on a Mac OS-X system...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2016, 04:31 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you google 'silicon labs cp210x' you will find a link to the silabs Virtual Com Port drivers download page. The have drivers for Windows, Macs, and Linux (but the Linux drivers are not needed, as most distributions include a good-enough driver).

The Linux drivers won't work on a Mac OS-X system...

Trying to get oximetry import to work on my iMac as well. Tried the Open installation of SH and the recommended drivers, SH still crashes during the import oximetry wizard Sad

Working on Apples is not without its challenges when it's still a Windows-dominated world.
Post Reply Post Reply
Linux runs on Mac hardware... you have nothing to lose but your fences...

and all your favourite fancy apps Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.