Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airfit F20 fitting advice
Resmed Airfit F20 fitting advice
Hi, there!  I've been using my F20 size small for about a month and really like it, but am wondering if the bottom part of the mask is supposed to sit between my lower lip and chin in that little indent, or if it is supposed to be more on my chin?  Some times I wake up with the bottom of the mask in my mouth!  

Can someone who successfully uses this FFM please tell me where the bottom is supposed to be!  Many thanks!!  This forum is awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airfit F20 fitting advice
I believe you have the fit fit. I also use the F20. I had the same problem because my jaw would drop while asleep. A $10 Avalon aire chins strap from Amazon fixed the problem.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
At the bottom of the Mask Primer are fit guides. Print th one for the F20 and see what it says.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Melman and Bonjour!  I checked and I do think I have the right size.  My sleep doctor ordered me a chin strap from the DME so we'll see if that helps.  Appreciate the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had exactly this problem with the medium, waking with the bottom rubber in my mouth.
I went up a size to large,and the fit is now perfect and this doesn't happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was given the medium F20 by my DME when I got my ASV about 6 weeks ago.  I was experiencing the same problem as you, waking with the bottom seal in my mouth.  After much discussion with the DME they ordered me a large and it seems to fit better.  Then I got a Halo chin strap last week and preventing the "jaw dropping" has helped quite a bit as well.  Using the ResMed sizing template I'm in between a medium and a large, but read somewhere that you should probably go with the larger size if you're in between.  However, I do seem to have more leaks with the large, the pressure on ASV is now 8-18.  I like the simplicity of this mask but I seem to have recurring leaks just below the edges of my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
We Americans seem to fall in the cracks on the Aussie sizes. I have also tried both the Med and Large cushions on the F-20 and ended up using the medium. All in all in is still the best mask I have ever used. They have just come out with a cushion that is made of memory foam "AirTouch F-20" that can be used instead of the silicon cushion. If I had not just ordered my next 3 months I would have tried it. Interestingly, it can be wiped but not cleaned and MUST be replaced every 30 days vs. the silicon cushion that some can stretch out past 30 days, although I have found it does start to not seal as well about then, and as insurance and Medicare allow new cushions every 30 - I avail myself. Will be interested in hearing a comparison report between the 2 cushion types. Of course, then we need to get the insurer DMEs to provide them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,662 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 176 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,673 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,542 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 465 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.