Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Data Question
SleepyHead Data Question
When looking at the details under the Daily tab, what do the numbers represent? Are they a percentage of the entire night? Or do they represent a singular event?

For example, my Hypopnea reading for last night was 1.83. Does this mean I experienced hypopnea 1.83% of my total sleep time last night, or 1.83 times throughout the night?

Thanks in advance and  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Data Question
Apnea–Hypopnea Index is the rating that indicates how severe you sleep apnea is. Your apnea and hypopnea make up an hourly index. In your case you had 1.83 hypopnea events per hour. If you add in your apneas per hour that would give you your total AHI score.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tiwaniuk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Read robysue's beginner's guide to sleepyhead. It is in my signature below.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2017, 07:57 PM)tiwaniuk Wrote: When looking at the details under the Daily tab, what do the numbers represent? Are they a percentage of the entire night? Or do they represent a singular event?

For example, my Hypopnea reading for last night was 1.83. Does this mean I experienced hypopnea 1.83% of my total sleep time last night, or 1.83 times throughout the night?

Thanks in advance and  Sleep-well

AHI is a rough metric showing how well your sleep is going

but if the apneas are long they only count once
even if your O2 goes seriously low

if the apneas are short then its okay as a rough guide 

imho the min O2 is a far better indicator of how you are doing 
although if it does not go low then the number of apneas has more meaning
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome tiwaniuk,

Good thing that you are into the forum early in the game. Silversnore gave you a good answer to your question. Wishing you much success in this journey.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate dstone5 2 500 02-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dstone5
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 895 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Question about reading Sleepyhead/Oscar reports TheManseHen 3 1,046 04-28-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  OSCAR SD data question MagnoliaSolana 3 700 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.