Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel apap machines
Travel apap machines
I have been using the F&P icon auto for one and a half years and love it. I'm looking to purchase a travel apap unit.  
Can you suggest one that is both quiet and has good data capability.  Are they all compliant with sleepyhead software?
Are any of them able to use humidification?  Any one not compatible with the airfit F20?
Would really appreciate feedback as they are expensive and I don't want to purchase one that really is not a good one for the long term.

Thanks a lot everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel apap machines
Hello Yankees123,

I just carry my regular Resmed A10 along on the trips I take. I pack it it in its carrying case and carry it on the aircraft or place it on the back seat of my car. On long trips when I am going by car, I even set it up for naps while my wife is driving. I don't usually place water in the humidifier tank in that situation. Using my regular machine is easy, all of my settings are maintained and the data is collected as normal.

I have looked at all of the "travel" xPAPs. For me, they just don't provide enough portability features to make them better. That is especially true when you consider all of the extras that you have to carry to use with the portable machine.

I usually travel about once a month. I just spent a couple of weeks in Florida (from Kansas) with several stops along the way. I used my regular machine every night.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel apap machines
IIRC, you can't take the humidifogator off the ICON which makes it a little bit bigger than optimal. Me, I use a new old Resmed S-8 Autoset II which is great for travel. The travel machines like the Z1 are sub optimal in my opinion (I know some folks really like theirs. WELL, some folks think eating beets is a good thing too. We're just gonna disagree.)

I can't speak for the new Respironics travel machine (I would try one in a heartbeat. Not so much the ResMed.)

In either case, I think the tiny factor on the travel machines is a false flag. You still have to haul a mask. You have to haul a hose. You have t haul a power supply (usually). On some, you have to haul a separate muffler because the machine makes so much noise up the tube. And by the time you get all that assembled together with the flow generator, it is still a comparatively big assembly of stuff. The small travel CPAPs don't save all that much space.

Were I in your shoes, I would look at finding a Respironics System One (model 560-is auto) or a Resmed S9 Auitoset as both are good with sleepyhed. I would NOT carry or ever use the humogrifigator portion of the equipment. Run without it. Many folks that try it without humogrification find it is no big whoop. I would also solidly consider the DeVillbiss (probably the best machine mentioned) except for the fact that to interface with sleepyhead requires a separate part. By the way, why do you think that sleephead is a requirement? It is not something that is really required on a day to day basis - especially with a travel machine that is only used part of the time. Unless you have a job that requires demonstration of compliance at all times. But the DeVillbiss will give you that with no problem using it's SmartFlex codes. Just for gits and shiggles, I probably look at my sleepyhead data every oh, 6 to 12 months...

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.