Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Data to Oscar
SleepyHead Data to Oscar
When I installed Oscar, it asked for the SleepyHead Data location, which was under My Documents in a folder named SleepyHeadData.
Oscar said it was importing thousands of files.  Oscar then started up and while the stats show I have > 500 days of data,
only the last 1 month of detailed data is shown in the Overview or Daily tabs?
Curious as to why the data import didn't bring over all of the data?
One thought was that I had not captured the detailed data in Sleepyhead for more than 45 days and my machine only stores 30 detailed data.
But the non detailed but still useful data (such as AHI values) from the earlier days.
Those are all now missing in Oscar.
Since I'm not great at downloading my data every 30 days, does this mean, that with Oscar, I will not have ANY data for the days that are not detailed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Data to Oscar
(05-19-2019, 02:57 PM)HoseHead58 Wrote: When I installed Oscar, it asked for the SleepyHead Data location, which was under My Documents in a folder named SleepyHeadData.
Oscar said it was importing thousands of files.  Oscar then started up and while the stats show I have > 500 days of data,
only the last 1 month of detailed data is shown in the Overview or Daily tabs?
Curious as to why the data import didn't bring over all of the data?
One thought was that I had not captured the detailed data in Sleepyhead for more than 45 days and my machine only stores 30 detailed data.
But the non detailed but still useful data (such as AHI values) from the earlier days.
Those are all now missing in Oscar.
Since I'm not great at downloading my data every 30 days, does this mean, that with Oscar, I will not have ANY data for the days that are not detailed?

OSCAR should have the same data SleepyHead had.  When migrating the data, OSCAR should migrate all of the data, not just part of it.

Which version of SleepyHead did you migrate from?

As a first step, try Data/Rebuild CPAP Data in OSCAR and see if that solves the problem.

If the problem is still there, show us a screenshot of the screen showing >500 days of data and of the Statistics page. 

If you do not download your SD card for more than 30 days, you may not have the detailed graphs from dates more than 30 days before you downloaded.  However, any data you downloaded before should still be there.  Not downloading often enough may result in gaps in detailed Daily pages but the summary reports should still be there.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure of the Sleepyhead version.  Maybe 0.91?  There was no update for it the last few times I checked.
It is on the now old, unpowered computer.  

The new computer shows:

Oscar

The SD card was read 19 days ago (on the old computer).
The overview only shows the last 30 days from the card but nothing before that.
Sleepyhead showed all 3 months (in this case) of data.
If I go to Daily, and select a random date in March, Oscar says there is no data available.
Just curious on where my data went to?
The Oscar ... Events directory has 2,460 files in it
same number for the Summaries directory.
The Backup directory has 2 folders and 16K+ files
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that didn't work well with the images...
Trying again

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try rebuilding the CPAP data?

The older the version of SleepyHead you have, the greater the chance that something odd might happen during migration.

I suggest trying to import the SleepyHead data into OSCAR again, but directly rather than using the migration utility.  Directions are in the OSCAR online wiki about copying data. Briefly, you would open OSCAR, create a New profile, then use the SD card importer to import data from the SleepyHead backup folder.

Be sure to use a new profile so that if anything goes wrong with the import, only the new profile is affected.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, tried the rebuild but that didn't produce any more data.

Thank you for the suggestion of a new profile.  I tried that and yes I now have 386 days of data under the new profile.  Only 22 days of detail data but that was the last time I imported my SD card data.  I keep forgetting to lock the SD card before putting into the windows machine and when I return the SD card back to the ResMed S9, it complains and wants to reformat it.

But at least the new profile has the data for the past year (plus a few days).  Thank you for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, this is strange...

I went back to profile 1 and imported the same data on the same SD card, so I would have the complete history.  I figured after a year, the detailed and summary data would be fine.
and now the data is available, just like it is in profile #2.

BUT... (there is always a but)
Different data

looking at a random day (4/9 which had a high AHI of > 5, which is unusual for me with CPAP)
on profile 1, it shows a AHI for that day of 5.5.
on Profile 2, it shows a AHI of < 3

AND...
because of this one day's values, the scaling for the other days is different
Profile 1 shows 0 to 6 (to handle that 5.5)
while the new profile shows 0 to 3, since the highest AHI is < 3 (inlcuding on 4/9)

Checked dates back to the earliest shown and those values match in the 2 profiles.
Checked dates after the 9th and it appears that only April data is screwed up.

Profile 1 has a 3/74 AHI on 4/17 and 3.75 on 4/18
Profile 2 has 1.8 AHI value on both 4/17 & 4/18

Checking further we see that all of the values are different between the 2 profiles until May 5th which is when I did the first import into Oscar on the new computer.
Before that profile #1 seems to be about (but not exactly) double profile #2 values.

Profile 1 has
3.3 on 4/21
2.13 on 4/28
0.64 on 4/29
3.4 on 4/30

1.84 on 5/1
0.86 on 5/2
0.66 on 5/3
2.07 on 5/4
0.81 on 5/5
1.13 on 5/6

Proifle 2 has

1.6 on 4/21
1.00 on 4/28
0.30 on 4/29
1.60 on 4/30

0.90 on 5/1
0.40 on 5/2
0.30 on 5/3
1.00 on 5/4
0.81 on 5/5
1.13 on 5/6

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The graphs seem to say to me that the data for April 3 to May 3 is approximately doubled between the two profiles, and the other dates are the same. That is definitely strange.

Please open the Daily page for one of the "doubled" days and take a screen capture of that day. I want especially to see the left column and more importantly the session list and session bars in the bottom left corner.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Your wish is my command.  Hopefully I got the info you were looking for.

See attached

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.