Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
Obviously this hour variation is due to time change last night and the SleepyHead is out now of sync.  How is it fixed? [CLIP]

Thanks
[url=https://imgur.com/a/jVlSf][/url]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead/Daylight Savings Time
From what I discovered, you have to wait until the machine has been off for at least an hour. Mine took about 1½ hours.
Go into the clinicians menu and scroll till you see time. Set it from there.

I'm assuming your machine is similar to mine.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks UPSMAN, did as you said (ResMed S-9).  I was thinking it was something else as the SleepyHead time bar at the bottom of the graphs that was off an hour made me think it must be originating there..
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2017, 11:59 AM)zzzZorro Wrote: Thanks UPSMAN, did as you said (ResMed S-9).  I was thinking it was something else as the SleepyHead time bar at the bottom of the graphs that was off an hour made me think it must be originating there..
You're welcome. 
Did that do the trick on your machine?

I believe all settings are controlled by the settings in the machine itself, so this would change on the SleepyHead software the next time you import data from the SD card.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2017, 12:22 PM)upsman Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 11:59 AM)zzzZorro Wrote: Thanks UPSMAN, did as you said (ResMed S-9).  I was thinking it was something else as the SleepyHead time bar at the bottom of the graphs that was off an hour made me think it must be originating there..
You're welcome. 
Did that do the trick on your machine?

I believe all settings are controlled by the settings in the machine itself, so this would change on the SleepyHead software the next time you import data from the SD card.

Hope so, it screwed-up ALL the daily data times in SleepyHead Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbs-down-1 The missing day ...

Like most Americans, I changed my clocks prior to going to bed in order to have the correct time display when I awoke on Sunday (11/5/17). So at around 11:00 p.m. on Saturday (11/4/17), I set my RedMed clock back one hour in the clinician's menu congratulating myself for thinking ahead. 

I was surprised -- as well as p****d -- when I found that all of my data for 11/4 had disappeared. Had I been smarter, I would have backed up the SD card prior to making the time change.  

Since I am way beyond the point of proving compliance, it is only a minor irritation. But, something to consider when daylight savings time resumes at 2:00 a.m. March 11, 2018, when clocks are turned forward one-hour. 
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Most people don't bother adjusting for DST (or time zones when traveling)... just leave the machine running standard time.

For the Resmed AS10, you have to wait until after 12:00, and you can only back the time up to 12:00, as that is where Resmed breaks the "day" (rather than midnight)
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You mean the machine doesn't auto correct for dst. D'oh

Humm, and the only way to change the time is get into the clinical menu that a "consumer" shouldn't be messing with (present company excluded). Plus you can only do it at the exact right magical hour.

I wonder if mine synced because of cell tower.

I'll have to check. I had erroneously assumed that it would autocorrect.

I already have enough issues with compliance because of my sleep schedule.

The day beginning at noon is an issue. If I stay up late ie goto bed after 8am which is easy when you get off work at 4-6am. I've had it happen a couple times sleep a whole 7.5 hours but based on the noon split get marked as being non compliant for two days.

Luckily sleepyhead is smarter than that and presents me the data as a "session"

I have no issue using the mask 100% when I'm sleeping so I'm sure over a month it will work out OK but it's a pain to have to look at clock to make sure you sleep in, goto bed early, etc just to make the report look correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you frequently sleep through the noon hour, simply reset your clock 6 or 12 hours out of sync so your data appears to be on a "normal" schedule, or at least to move "noon" on your machine to a time of day when you are always awake, such as 6-8pm (covers more "normal" sleep schedule on weekends and vacation).

The clock does not automatically sync through the cellular connection... that is only to transmit data to Resmed, and it is rare, but possible for your DME to make changes to the pressure parameters. Every so often, very rarely, someone reports that their "custom" settings have reverted.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I hadn't thought of changing clock for concern it might screw up things.

I normally goto bed between 6-8am and get up around 2-3 pm. All I need to do is goto bed late or get up early to mess with figures.

I could care less what "time" sleepy head says as long as the hours work out.

Thanks,

Anthony
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 57 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Display average AHI over time period ? Bernard Flapdoodle 1 109 04-09-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 3 282 03-30-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 149 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 277 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 396 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 805 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.