Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Export to CSV Issue
SleepyHead Export to CSV Issue
[attachment=2993]Hello,

I am using CMS50F pulse oximeter and SleepyHead v.1.0.0-beta-2 on Mac OS 10.12.1 (Sierra). The Oximetry Import Wizard works great for me to import the data saved on the device. However, I encounter trouble when trying to export my pulse rate and SpO2 values to a CSV file. Following are the steps I follow to export the data into CSV format, after importing it from the device:

I click on the Daily tab, select the date from the calendar on the left panel (Red colored dates have the data for those days). Upon selecting a date, I see the waveforms for Pulse Rate and SpO2 and Event Flags. Next, I click File > Export Data > CSV Export Wizard.
Quick Range = Most Recent Day
Resolution = Any one of the three options.
“Select File to Export to” and choose the default file name and hit “Save”
Now the Filename field in the “Export as CSV” dialog Box is populated and I hit “Export” Button, which creates the CSV file in the desired folder.
However, each of these files (different files are created depending on if I choose “Details”, “Sessions” or “Daily” as the Resolution in the “Export as CSV” dialog box) only contains the headers and ABSOLUTELY no data of Pulse Rate and SpO2. I have at least 21 mins of data present in the file as can be seen from the attached screenshot.
Is there anything I am missing in this export process?
I have attached a screenshot showing the waveforms and summary of the data for a particular day. The CSV files that get exported are all empty but the headers fields such as Date, Session, Start, End, Total Time, AHI, H Count, OA Count, U Count, etc. - but no header for SpO2 and Pulse Rate.

When I select a red date from the calendar in the Daily tab, the program shows me the SpO2 and Pulse Rate data recorded on that day. Where is this data stored in the program - which file, under which folder? Is it possible to access that file to see the raw CSV data?

I generally do not have access to a Windows system, but I managed to get access to a desktop and installed SpO2 Assistant code to read the data on the device. I could save the data as SpO2 file, but not CSV. Is there a way to convert SpO2 to CSV? this may be a longer and tougher route for me, but I do not mind if I get the CSV file output as I expect.

I have also attached the SpO2 file for your reference.

Thank you in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Export to CSV Issue
If there are no header columns for SpO2 and Pulse Rate, then those got left out when the CSV code was written. I had looked at the CSV code for 0.9.8 and tried to make some changes to the column selections, but I didn't carry them forward to 1.0. I'm not sure what the current status of SleepyHead updates is, as I got distracted several months ago. There were some problems with the development tools, and I don't know how or if they got resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 12 94 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 147 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  OSCAR export all data each day/each moment Jan Flikweert 1 430 12-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,393 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 546 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 581 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac McDonald 6 914 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: dhuck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.