Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead FRUSTRATION! [graph turns black]
RE: SleepyHead FRUSTRATION!!!!
mcsheltie,
It appears to be a graphics rendering issue. Look in the SleepyHead program directory and try the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe version.

Let us know what happens.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 10:56 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: mcsheltie,
It appears to be a graphics rendering issue. Look in the SleepyHead program directory and try the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe version.

No idea what you are talking about. It didn't give me any downlaod options
Okay... so I deleted and reinstalled SleepyHead. I put my SD card in the computer and it says it is empty. It was in my machine all night. I put it back in the machine and left it for an half an hour and it still says it is empty.

And yes, it is unlocked.

WTH now??? I have had about enough of this...
Post Reply Post Reply
Continuing saga. I reformatted the SD card and it worked.

BUT...now in Sleepyhead there is NO flow rate or flow limit charts. Would someone PLEASE help me!
Post Reply Post Reply
When you formatted the SD card, you will have lost all data that was previously stored on it. The machine will write the basic data back to the card when you insert it but not the graphing data, since it is never contained in the machine, instead written directly to the card in real time.

Depending on how you uninstalled the previous version, such as deleting the SH folder manually, you will also lose all SH data on your hard drive. If you have any backups, you can pull that data back into the new install. The only thing you need from the backup is the 'Profiles" folder from the SH folder. If it was sent to the Recycle Bin, you can drag it to the desktop and get it back from there.

If the uninstall was done by some other method or if the new install went to a different location than the old, there is a chance that the old profiles folder is still on your drive. A search would be in order with fingers crossed. If you find it, then delete the existing one in the new SH folder and copy the old one back in.

Otherwise, you will be starting anew and new graphing data will appear when you load your next sleep session from the SD card. Not the end of the world but I can understand the disappointment.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 05:57 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: When you formatted the SD card, you will have lost all data that was previously stored on it. The machine will write the basic data back to the card when you insert it but not the graphing data, since it is never contained in the machine, instead written directly to the card in real time.

Depending on how you uninstalled the previous version, such as deleting the SH folder manually, you will also lose all SH data on your hard drive. If you have any backups, you can pull that data back into the new install. The only thing you need from the backup is the 'Profiles" folder from the SH folder. If it was sent to the Recycle Bin, you can drag it to the desktop and get it back from there.

If the uninstall was done by some other method or if the new install went to a different location than the old, there is a chance that the old profiles folder is still on your drive. A search would be in order with fingers crossed. If you find it, then delete the existing one in the new SH folder and copy the old one back in.

Otherwise, you will be starting anew and new graphing data will appear when you load your next sleep session from the SD card. Not the end of the world but I can understand the disappointment.

Dude

I know all the data is wiped when you reformat. I put the card back in the machine reloaded it and downloaded into SleepyHead. And as I said above, half the charts are missing. They were there yesterday.

I uninstalled it AGAIN, took a nap so I had new data to enter and the charts are still missing.

I don't think you understand... I need to fix this so going forward all the charts will be there. The old data is not the issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2016, 09:44 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: The piano thing was an attempt at humor. It's a line from a Time-Warner commercial that is often repeated when no better answer comes to mind. I'll not display it here but if you're curious you can go to the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaDI6kE_Aac

Lolabove

Laugh-a-lot Laugh-a-lot Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply

You should try the other version to eliminate that possibility. To be clear, it's not a different download or install, it's a second executable file that comes with the SH software you already have installed. You can run either version, whichever works best.

To easily find it, right click on your SH shortcut and choose "properties". Then click on "Open file location". You will be shown the current executable that you are having issues with. Right next to it (scroll down) you will see the other version that you may try. Worth a shot.

That failing, it sound like a bug with the SH software and you may have to use something else.

Dude

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)mcsheltie Wrote:

Okay... so I deleted and reinstalled SleepyHead. I put my SD card in the computer and it says it is empty. It was in my machine all night. I put it back in the machine and left it for an half an hour and it still says it is empty.

And yes, it is unlocked.

When Sleepyhead installs in the Window x86 folder, it installs 2 EXE files. You need to navigate to that folder and locate the Sleepyhead_Broken_GL.EXE file and right click it, send to desktop as a shortcut. This is the file you want to run rather than the Open GL version. If you want to try it out before creating the shortcut, just double click the brokenGL.exe file Bet it works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 07:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)mcsheltie Wrote:

And yes, it is unlocked.

When Sleepyhead installs in the Window x86 folder, it installs 2 EXE files. You need to navigate to that folder and locate the Sleepyhead_Broken_GL.EXE file and right click it, send to desktop as a shortcut. This is the file you want to run rather than the Open GL version. If you want to try it out before creating the shortcut, just double click the brokenGL.exe file Bet it works.

Found it. Missing charts are still MIA Vomit
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2016, 07:13 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:

You should try the other version to eliminate that possibility. To be clear, it's not a different download or install, it's a second executable file that comes with the SH software you already have installed. You can run either version, whichever works best.

To easily find it, right click on your SH shortcut and choose "properties". Then click on "Open file location". You will be shown the current executable that you are having issues with. Right next to it (scroll down) you will see the other version that you may try. Worth a shot.

That failing, it sound like a bug with the SH software and you may have to use something else.

Dude

But they were there this morning. Just doesn't make sense!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 449 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 821 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 849 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  No graph in OSCAR Sleepygrl 4 1,939 07-14-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: RedMtl
  Graph data missing dalderson66 6 1,208 05-23-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 544 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [split] Graph resizing enjoysleep59 3 557 03-25-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.