Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead FRUSTRATION! [graph turns black]
RE: SleepyHead FRUSTRATION! [graph turns black]
Time-out. Flow limitations are a flagged event with Respironics machines, but are not charted. Resmed machines do not flag events, but chart a relative flow limitation. McSheltie, your SH program is reacting normally. I'm not sure at what threshold flow limit is flagged with the Dreamstation, but I have never seen a flow limit chart on a Philips Respironics machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will mention in passing that many a strange error has been resolved by rebooting the system. I have some users that refuse to reboot daily. They have the most problems and oft times the most unusual ones. It mostly has to do with memory bleed but can involve .dll replacement and initialization when installing new software. Some poorly written software (and some well written) when you close them, fail to return the memory they are assigned when running. That's rarely a problem with Win7 and above but not out of the picture all together.

You may recall the first line in that Time-Warner commercial was, "Did you turn it off and back on again." Well, "Did you". Big Grin

Dude

EDIT: I hadn't read Sleepriders latest post above while writing mine so he may have a good point. We need someone with your same machine to clear that up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming Sleeprider's info is correct you can ignore the rest of this message.

Posting for future reference to completely uninstall Sleepyhead.

I know you tried uninstalling the program. After you did, did you also delete the data folder? It doesn't get deleted since it changes after you install the program. The default folder is located in documents.

If you go to Help > About Sleepyhead on the SH menu, it will list the location of the data folder.

[Image: AboutSleepyhead.PNG]

What I would try next is uninstall SH, go into the document folder and delete the SleepyHead_Data folder, then open RegEdit by going to start > run and type in regedit. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and expand that. Scroll down to SOFTWARE and expand that, scroll down until you see Jedimark. Right click on Jedimark and choose delete.

[Image: regedit.PNG]

Then just for giggles, go to Start > Run and copy/paste this:
%appdata%\..\Local\VirtualStore

If you see any folders for Program Files or Program Files (x86) click into each one and see if there are any additional SleeyHead folders. If there are, please delete those.

Reboot your computer for another laugh (I know I'm not laughing either). This will give you a completely clean slate sleepyHead-wise and you can once again reinstall SleepyHead. Set up your profile again, reimport your data and crossing fingers and sacrificing Bob the lamb to Bill Gates, Sleeyhead should work as intended. You still may need to use the BrokenGL version though.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2016, 04:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Time-out. Flow limitations are a flagged event with Respironics machines, but are not charted. Resmed machines do not flag events, but chart a relative flow limitation. McSheltie, your SH program is reacting normally. I'm not sure at what threshold flow limit is flagged with the Dreamstation, but I have never seen a flow limit chart on a Philips Respironics machine.

Oh good grief!!! Dielaughing

I get A LOT of flow limit flags each night. More than anything else last night.

But to keep up the weirdness... on Thursday I had a Flow Limit chart. It was gone when I did Friday's reinstall. Maybe Thursday I accidentally entered the wrong machine.... Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Just FYI... since the mystery has been solved...LOL

Yes I did reboot my computer. That is the first thing I do whenever something messes up. Then I close my eyes and pray.

And yes, I did a complete uninstall... each and every one of the god-zillion times I did it.

I do need to use the Broken version for everything to work correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good news! This was making my head hurt from scratching it so much. Smile

Now, will you please help me out of this rabbit hole? DielaughingDancing

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2016, 06:30 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: That's good news! This was making my head hurt from scratching it so much. Smile

Now, will you please help me out of this rabbit hole? DielaughingDancing

Dude

THIS THREAD IS FREAK'N OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!! YAY!!!!!!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Just one final note. When your Philips Respironics machine flags the flow limitation, you can zoom in on the event and actually see the occurrence in the breathing wave-form. It will be an inspiration with a downward sloped peak or a chair-shape rather than the nice peak and flow reduction leading to exhale. You may see multiple events or a single flow limit. Take a look at robysue's beginners guide for reference to the waveform. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

I should have recognized were were running in a circle here, but I'm forgetful...something to do with gray hair. I have data from multiple machines on my computer, and if I go back to the PRS1 auto or BiPAP data, no charts, but events. My current Resmed data, no events, but I get the chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so for the original post and the other info people have contributed. It's so helpful for a newbie like me. I'm wondering if the original post and the info on cards, or the whole thread, should be in the members only files below. I've been browsing them trying to orient myself so that I can use my machine as efficiently and easily as possible from the beginning. Unfortunately, yesterday I ordered an SD card reader so I can use sleepyhead to track and save my own data. Then today I found out about being able to use wifi cards and not having to do the manual upload.
Post Reply Post Reply
It won't go to waste. When you purchase the FlashAir, you can put the ResMed SD card in the reader in your computer and leave it there all the time. Use one of the utilities, FlashPap or Sleep Master to write the data to the ResMed card in your PC. A benefit to doing it this way is if your DME/Doctor needs the SD card, you just take the one from your computer instead of giving them the FlashAir. Which I'm sure they will hose up on your real quick.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 463 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 843 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  No graph in OSCAR Sleepygrl 4 1,965 07-14-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: RedMtl
  Graph data missing dalderson66 6 1,214 05-23-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 548 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.