Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead / Flashair problem
SleepyHead / Flashair problem
Hi,

I'm using Win10 with SD card/data from a ResMed Autosense10; I've had no problem installing the software and importing data directly from the SD card. However, I quickly tired of that process and set up a FlashAir wifi card so that I could move the most recent CPAP data to my computer. Like in the original post, once I have moved the data to my PC, when I try to use the "select folder" option, the software crashes and I get the same error message as the post originator: "SleepyHead.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

If I try to use the "change data folder" in the File pull-down menu, Sleepyhead thinks I'm a new user and starts the process. If I back out of new user setup, my old setup is lost. Restart the software and it goes straight to new user setup. Very frustrating.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member - need help with SleepyHead
(11-07-2016, 09:01 AM)seawolf Wrote: Hi,

I'm using Win10 with SD card/data from a ResMed Autosense10; I've had no problem installing the software and importing data directly from the SD card. However, I quickly tired of that process and set up a FlashAir wifi card so that I could move the most recent CPAP data to my computer. Like in the original post, once I have moved the data to my PC, when I try to use the "select folder" option, the software crashes and I get the same error message as the post originator: "SleepyHead.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

If I try to use the "change data folder" in the File pull-down menu, Sleepyhead thinks I'm a new user and starts the process. If I back out of new user setup, my old setup is lost. Restart the software and it goes straight to new user setup. Very frustrating.

Anyone have a suggestion?

What program are you using to move the flashair data to your PC? after you move it, are you closing that program? Have you checked in Task Manager to see if it actually closes? Where are you storing the sleepyhead data?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead / Flashair problem
I use FlashPAP to read and move the previous night's data folder to my PC. I store the data folder in a subfolder of the folder that SH created in my Documents directory when it installed. SH is started, user selected, and the welcome page appears. I select CPAP Importer and it looks for an SD card in my drive; when it can't find a card it then asks me to find/choose a directory where the data is located. I choose the directory and the window disappears without anything happening. I repeat the process with CPAP Importer and it then crashes.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Regedit navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JediMark\SleepyHead\Settings and look at the AppRoot key. Does the value match where sleepyhead is storing the data?

The value of AppRoot should match the Data Folder Location in Help > About Sleepyhead. The only difference should be the slashes in the registry are forward slashes instead of back slashes that are in Help About Sleepyhead

[Image: SH_Reg_AppRoot.PNG]

[Image: AboutSleepyhead.PNG]

If they match, I would try moving the folder where flashpap copies the data.

What I do is have FlashPap copy the data to a spare SD card. This way both Sleepyhead and ResScan can read the card data.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the slow reply ... I was out of town for the weekend/holiday. Thanks for the suggestion; I will check into it this evening and report back!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again, AlanE, for the suggestions. I checked the registry and the AppRoot key matched the directory shown by the SH software. So, I decided to do an uninstall/reinstall of SH, after which I confirmed the problem still persisted. However, I followed your suggestion to leave the Flashpap-imported data in the DATA subdirectory that Flashpap creates, and "specify" this folder as the location for importing into SH when SH asks for it. It worked!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal.

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 60 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 7 133 03-13-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Snackers
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 591 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,024 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 526 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,440 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 721 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.