Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Graph display problem
SleepyHead Graph display problem
When I first loaded SleepyHead, the graphs looked OK. Now the displayed graphs are not displaying the information along the Y and X axis's correctly and I can not find a fix. Please look at two screen examples here (jpg photos):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...=sharingDo

Anyone have this same problem or suggested fix?

Joe

Dell Inspiron Desktop W/ 64-bit operating system
Windows 7 Home Premium
Samsung  Display S27C230 set at 1920 X 1080 resolution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Graph display problem
Right click on the daily graphs and reset graph layout. If other anomalies are present, you can use the menu item Data to rebuild CPAP data. This appears to be a graph layout problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
do you have an Intel-chipset-graphics-card by any chance?

use the broken-GL.exe ... it should be somewhere around "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe" (you really get used to it after the second time^^)

(yeah, I can imagine that the open-GL so far worked without problems - might also in the future - looks really like an "open-GL" thingy - the broken-GL version should ALWAYS work as supposed to and should fix your problem instantly and completely!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

I get no response when I right-click on the "Daily" tab, either at the top left, the "Daily" icon in the navigation bar on the right, or on any graph. Maybe I am not understanding the instruction here. I had already tried the "rebuild CPAP data" menu from the DATA tab before I posted today, and again just now. I also tried the "Reset Graph layout" from the View tab but got nothing here either.

I am studying the suggestion offered by TBMx and will post the results. The graphics card is a Dell stock Intel® G41 Express chipset video card. If you look at my previously posted graphs from Sleepriders reply #14, to my “Un-happy face sleep report” post, or at ( http://imgur.com/a/VWHBw ), you can see that it was working OK then. I will try the broken-GL.exe and see what happens.
Thanks, Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
TBMx,

Although I got this message, running the broken-GL.exe file worked instantly. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I think I got it figured out. There are two .exe files in the SleepyHead program folder of C:\Program Files (x86). The shortcut installed by the Sleepyhead install, calls C:\Program files(x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead.exe and runs. But my version is now failing to display my graphs correctly. As TBMx pointed out, the broken-GL version of SleepyHead.exe will work-a-round this problem. I don't know what the real fix is but my Norton anti-virus protection program won't let me download and install a fresh copy of Open-GL; but running the C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe works. If you have this problem, you can right-click on the desktop SleepyHead Icon shortcut, then, choose properties, then add "-BrokenGL" to the link shown in the shortcut (or delete and enter the full path "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe", to load and run SleepyHead.   

This also fixed another problem I was seeing. As I would scroll down the graph page, the displayed graphs would black out, then reappear as the page scrolled. A problem another poster had an issue with too. This may very well fix his problem too. Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
from what I can tell this problem arises only in the specific combination of:
windows + intel-chipset-geraphic + sleepyHead. (I haven't heard from anyone else needing the broken-GL version)

the very same graphic-chipset runs fine on linux (OK - not all of them) - so this has to be a driver problem. not all intel-graphic-chipsets are affected - the newer ones seem to work fine. these cards are all capable of open-gl-support (which SH states correctly on the first start of the broken-GL) but due to intel not updating the drivers for chipsets and thus beeing stuck with an not so up-to-date reference driver from microsoft your are left with such behavior.
(so there is actually nothing you can do as an end-user to fix that - other than using the broken-GL - trying to get the newest chipset and graphic driver is always a good start - but don't get your hopes up)

what makes it even more odd is the fact that it may run a very long time without any problems. As the "real" open-GL version runs without any problems on 'new' and fully open-gl-capable cards it seems that this is not a "real bug" in sleepyhead - but an intel-problem, meaning intel's implementation of open-gl.

As I'm stuck in exactly the same situation I do as follows:
I use the "normal open-GL" version always - even if the display glitches show up - the program itself and the import work! - it's really just a display-glitch.
whenever these glitches show up I close down sleepyhead (not killig it - closing it the usual way!) and reopen my profile with the broken-GL version and keep on doing where I left.

(A complete restart of windows (complete as in contrast to "fast startup") fixes it for a while as well; having graphics intense programs open at the very same time as sleepyhead do make the glitches worse^^)
Post Reply Post Reply
I had had a problem with my Summary graphs locking up.
This resolved that issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the graph display problem but the fixes recommended did not work.  I don't see the graphs at but on the overview tab I do see data in tabular format.  Any suggestions on now to fix?

I'm using the surface book and windows 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Patanne - Welcome

Please take a screen capture and upload it to imgur.  You can post the link here by putting a space in the address.

Example (not a real url):
Actual: http://mylink.lnk  

Post it as: http://  mylink.lnk
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 62 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 7 133 03-13-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Snackers
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 128 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 635 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 526 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 449 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 821 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.