Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Keeps Crashing
SleepyHead Keeps Crashing
Hello, I recently installed SleepyHead on Windows 10. I have been successfully running ResScan from my SD Card, but people on the board tell me I need SleepyHead so I'm giving it a try.

Everytime I try to start it, it looks like it is loading the data, but when it gets to the end of the slider, it crashes. I have tried regular and broken. I have made sure that it is loading from the correct "Drive" (SD Card).

Will it normally run on Win 10? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Keeps Crashing
I use SleepyHead on Windows 10 pro. Though I don't think it matters what version Windows 10.

Did you download SleepyHead from the link above? http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't really want to reformat your SD card because then you lose all your data, must I'm still suspicious of that card. I wonder if ResScan wrote a hidden file to the card that's causing the crash. What I might try is to get a fresh SD card (a good one, maybe Class 6 or higher), format it using Win10, then put it into your machine and use your CPAP machine for an hour while watching TV or something. Then pop the card into your Win 10 card reader and see if it crashes. If it doesn't, and you can import the data and see the results in Sleepyhead (they will be weird results since you were awake the whole time) then it was the other card that was the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 01:47 PM)okrobie Wrote: Hello, I recently installed SleepyHead on Windows 10. I have been successfully running ResScan from my SD Card, but people on the board tell me I need SleepyHead so I'm giving it a try.

Everytime I try to start it, it looks like it is loading the data, but when it gets to the end of the slider, it crashes. I have tried regular and broken. I have made sure that it is loading from the correct "Drive" (SD Card).

Will it normally run on Win 10? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Jim

FWIW, when you point SH to your card, you just need to locate the root directory, don't go looking for the data. SH should find it and not crash.

Although I've never tried in in Win 10, there should be a "troubleshoot compatibility" option if you right click on the SH icon, and Windows will attempt to run it as an earlier version.

Do you get a message of any sort? What does "crash" do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 01:47 PM)okrobie Wrote: I have been successfully running ResScan from my SD Card, but people on the board tell me I need SleepyHead so I'm giving it a try.

SleepyHead doesn't really give you anything that ResScan doesn't - it's just easier to work with and a lot more elegant design. It was written by a hosehead for hoseheads. ResScan was written by an IT department for a medical clinic.

If ResScan gives you everything you need, then don't fret too much about SleepyHead. (Though having said that I always use SleepyHead myself).

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, for some reason, when I loaded it up this morning, it worked. Thanks for the support.
Post Reply Post Reply
There you go. Windows. Why I use a Mac. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR crashing during import for resvent ibreeze bubbagump 17 1,691 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bubbagump
  [split] OSCAR crashing on Mac M1 Geynshlofn 2 609 03-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Geynshlofn
  OSCAR crashing? KSMatthew 1 429 12-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 940 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 672 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pc crashing since Oscar installed Made 2 580 03-14-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: ElusiveRisk
  Oscar crashing when importong from oxymeter J Francois 10 1,078 02-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.