Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead: Long data download times.
Question 
SleepyHead: Long data download times.
Greetings,

I've been using SleepyHead for about a year now and currently have the latest version: SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit.

I download data at least weekly from both an AirCurve 10 VAuto and an AirSense 10 AutoSet to two different user profiles.

The problem, if it is one, is that it takes ~30 minutes each to download the data from the SD cards. It has been the same since the beginning, not something that has changed over time. Also, it doesn't matter if I'm downloading 3 days worth of data or 9. It takes around a half hour regardless.

I download the same SD cards to the ResMed software and it takes just a few minutes,

Is this normal and expected behavior from SleepyHead or do I have some kind of problem?

Thank you.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead: Long data download times.
This does seem like a problem. My downloads take less than 15 seconds either in ResScan or SH. I use the broken GL version of SH. Perhaps you can try downloading the broken GL version and see if this makes a difference.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2016, 01:46 PM)sonicboom Wrote: This does seem like a problem. My downloads take less than 15 seconds either in ResScan or SH. I use the broken GL version of SH. Perhaps you can try downloading the broken GL version and see if this makes a difference.

Good thought, but I tried it just now and no joy. It did reduce the time by about 5 minutes, but is still took 25.

However, I tried some other troubleshooting and found something significant. I am going to update the OP with my findings but it has to do with the data directory being on a network share.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't edit the OP anymore but here is some new information:

My SleepyHead data directory is stored on a network share because I access it from multiple computers. I tried relocating it to the local PC and that seems to be the problem. The download happened within just a few seconds.

So now the question becomes: Why does it take so long to write to a network share?
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
You say that you're downloading it to a network share. To better understand you're problem please describe, in detail, the download method and how it differs from a direct download.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2016, 04:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You say that you're downloading it to a network share. To better understand you're problem please describe, in detail, the download method and how it differs from a direct download.

The download method does not differ at all.

The only thing that is different is the location of the data folder. This was changed using the menu option: File -> Change Data Folder

This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
just sharing my experience...
i originally stored my data on a network share to access via my desktop and laptop - didn't have any issue with importing data or slow speeds.

Have recently transferred all data to google drive (to access reports from work) and it's all working very smoothly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2016, 09:07 PM)Gyddyup Wrote: just sharing my experience...
i originally stored my data on a network share to access via my desktop and laptop - didn't have any issue with importing data or slow speeds.

Have recently transferred all data to google drive (to access reports from work) and it's all working very smoothly.
Oh, there's an idea. Each copy of the software accesses a local copy of the files and the cloud keeps them in sync.

Thank you!

If I don't get an answer to my specific problem I will try that.

This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,583 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.