Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Preference Unintentional Leaks
SleepyHead Preference Unintentional Leaks
Hi

I'm starting out on SleeyHead and looking into the Preference setting. I've been reading through the wiki and it's got my head spinning. Am I supposed to adjust the 4 cmH20 and 20 cmH2O setting to that of my mask pressure flow curve or leave it in default?

Something like in the link below? P/s: its the first time I'm using imgur so hopefully the picture is there when the link is clicked.

http://imgur.com/6wher9L

Btw, I can't seem to get to the site http://sleep.tnet.com site. Keep getting time out.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Preference Unintentional Leaks
The default Sleepyhead settings can be left in place. As you can see, for your pressure settings, the intentional (vent) leak rate is about 24 L/m, which I think is pretty close to default in Sleepyhead. The large leak flag for your mask will be about 24 L/m. I see no reason to change the default settings for leak calculations in SH, however if you want to match the scale from 4 cm to 20 cm with that shown for the mask, you will have graphs that more closely reflect the design parameters of your mask. Most of us do not do this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so the correlation is sufficiently similar that it won't make too much of a difference and if one keeps trying out different masks it's going to be a bit troublesome.

It there a way to make the red line appear for non-Resmed? I've got the box ticked but it's not showing.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want a dotted line on the leak chart (or for that matter at the zero line of flow rate), just right click the left margin of the chart in Detail View. Lots of options to apply. For the leak rate chart, a line can be placed at the upper threshold limit so you can see when leaks exceed that. The threshold limit is settable in the Preferences /Appearance/CPAP tab.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. Have also included some of the overlays to make it easier to see how things relate to each other.
lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR - calcuate unintentional leaks spioch 2 740 02-07-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: spioch
  How do you make Oscar draw a line for leaks? LarryRapp 3 1,580 05-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: LarryRapp
  Preference Screen in SH SideSleeper 5 1,563 03-29-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  A10 leaks comparison; machine, myAir, and Rescan rem52 11 4,282 05-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.