Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Questions
SleepyHead Questions
Hi - two questions:

1. Every time I start SH, I have to reenter my name, etc., as if this was the first time I ran the program. How do I fix that?

2. After I do go through all that, and upload information from my SD card, I can't see the plots. Across each graph area are the words "Plots Disabled." I'd like to see those plots, of course. I've attached a screen shot that shows the problem, just in case that's helpful.

Can anyone help me fix these issues?

Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Questions
VisitorX,

I am sorry you are having problems with SH.

(10-29-2016, 06:47 PM)VisitorX Wrote: Hi - two questions:

1. Every time I start SH, I have to reenter my name, etc., as if this was the first time I ran the program. How do I fix that?
Which version of SH are you using? With a PR DreamStation, you need to be running Version 1.0.0-beta-2. Anything earlier and SH is not fully compatible with your DreamStation.

Next, did you save the profile correctly? Try this to see if the profile is saved correctly: Create a profile. Do NOT try to upload any data (yet). Close SH. And then reopen SH and see if you can select the profile you selected without having to recreate it. If you still can't see or use the profile you just created, then there's something wrong with how you are saving the profile.

Quote:2. After I do go through all that, and upload information from my SD card, I can't see the plots. Across each graph area are the words "Plots Disabled." I'd like to see those plots, of course. I've attached a screen shot that shows the problem, just in case that's helpful.
I can't see any attached screen shot with your post. Can you try again? You may need to make a few more posts before the forum lets you do that. If so, just post some dummy posts to this thread until the forum software lets you attach or insert the image into your post.

I have never seen what you are describing in either my data or any that I've looked at from other posters both here and on a different forum.

So what on earth could be triggering the behavior you mention?

Make sure the SD card is unlocked and fully inserted when you put it back in the machine.

Make sure that patient access to AHI data is enabled in the clinical menu. This should NOT make any difference, but I'm grasping at straws here.

And make sure that your DreamStation is the model in your signature. There are several different models in the DreamStation line and the very bottom one (the DreamStation CPAP) does not record any efficacy data, and if you read the data from the SD card from a DreamStation CPAP into SH, then you might just get the kind of "Plots Disabled" message you are getting.

Please note:
The DreamStation CPAP Pro and the DreamStation AutoCPAP both DO record full efficacy data, including the wave form data that shows every breath you took all night long.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Robysue,

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. I'm sorry, but I got caught up in something else and haven't been able to focus on this. I hope to go through your comments carefully within a few days and will respond more fully then.

Best, and thanks again,
"VisitorX"
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2016, 06:47 PM)VisitorX Wrote: 1. Every time I start SH, I have to reenter my name, etc., as if this was the first time I ran the program. How do I fix that?

Sounds like a permission issue.

If you selected the install directory to save your data to you are going to have a problem since windows protects Program Files.

You can either try running Sleeyphead as admin by right clicking on the exe and choose Run As Administrator or change your Data folder to the Documents folder (library) and that should let you save the profile.

To find out where your Data folder is currently pointing to select Help > About Sleepyhead on the menu.

[Image: AboutSleepyhead.PNG]

If the Data folder location has Program Files in it, that's the reason

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again,

When I close SH without uploading new data, and then try to reopen, I'm back to square one again--having to reenter a profile. There's nothing there to point at. The "Edit User Profile" is the first thing to open, and I can't get beyond it without at least entering my name again.

I'll try again to upload my screen shot. When I tried before, it would not let me upload it.

Thanks.
I'm sorry, but I'm not very computer savvy. Your comments were over my head. Can you simplify in some way? Also, you referred to windows. I have a Mac. Do your comments still apply?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 06:24 PM)VisitorX Wrote: I'm sorry, but I'm not very computer savvy. Your comments were over my head. Can you simplify in some way? Also, you referred to windows. I have a Mac. Do your comments still apply?

Sorry I am a windows person. I have never used a mac but I assume mac is similar to linux and yes permissions would still apply.

I googled "directory permissions on mac" and something from macinstruct came up. Since I have never used a mac, I will have to defer this to someone who is more of an expert on that file system.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
When I set up SH the first time I put my full name into the User Name. Then on the next page there was another place to put in my full name. Now that I'm more familiar with things I want to edit my User Name. I tried going to Edit Profile, but it would not let me edit it. I even tried running SH as Aministrator with no difference. Is there something I'm missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
your "username" is basically "just" a way for sleepyhead to find and store your data. it is not meant to mean anything specific - it's just there for you so that you can tell apart different data-sets or if more than 1 xPAP-user in your household is using that computer.

if you absolutely need to change that: find your sleepyhead data-folders. (if you are unsure: help --> about shows you that location)
find that location and close sleepyhead(!).
go inside the "profiles" folder - there should be a sub-folder with your "username" ... simply rename it to what you want. (keep in mind: if you use the build in screenshot-funtion F12 - this very username shows up on top of every screen - so you might want to put a little thinking into that - also: you are working on the file-system here - please avoid any fancy characters and don't put a whole novel in there^^)

restart sleepyhead and choose that username. .... it should work now ... might be a good idea to double-check your preferences and see if all your bookmarks are there and are working and all your notes etc.

if you depend on the data and can't easily recreate it, it is always wise to create a backup of the complete sleepyhead-data-folder BEFORE you do any changes^^ ... if things go sideways you still have a working backup that you can go back to.
Post Reply Post Reply
That should be easy. I'll go do that now.
Yeah, I just wanted to use my commonly used name rather than the whole firstname/lastname that I use in the data.
I have SH on 2 laptops and 1 desktop. The desktop is in my office, 1 laptop (7lbs) is in another room in front of a TV where I sit the most, and the 2nd laptop (3lbs) is the one I take with me when I go somewhere. Yeah! Crazy huh?

The first one I set up is the one that needs changed. I learned there and got the other 2 right.

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar questions tmoody 2 1,001 08-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  SH for ASV, and other questions VisitorX 14 2,088 04-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Sorry simple questions Lolagirl 3 1,054 11-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Newbie Questions about SleepyHead App and ResMed APAP machine STRVYS 2 1,284 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead vs. ResScan Pre-Installation Questions Ron The Piper 10 3,764 11-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Questions on Oximetry-Capable Auto-PAP Machines (and SleepyHead) VisitorX 5 1,680 10-19-2017, 03:23 AM
Last Post: VisitorX
  Dreammapper app questions BHappy 2 3,655 04-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Last Post: BHappy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.