Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Reporting Question
SleepyHead Reporting Question

Hi Everyone,

I started CPAP therapy two months ago, after a sleep study - because of having atrial fibrillation. This board has been extremely helpful to me learning to adapt. Thank you to all. It seems I have adapted fairy well and have been able to successfully use my ResMed S9 so that I am now down to less than 3 AHI/hour (sleep study showed 21).

Extra thanks to Mark for making SleepyHead software available to us all. It has been extremely helpful. I have one question about the reporting under the overview section. The usage data appears to report inaccurately for data older than 30 days. It is showing that I am using between 12 and 17 hours most days. For the most recent 30 days it shows accurate. Can anyone tell me if there is some setting I can change to correct this. All other data appears to report accurately. Thanks.
RE: SleepyHead Reporting Question
Hi pkelly251 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use any data reporting software but hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Hi PKelly251,
I had not associated the incorrect data with the 30 day limit, but yes you are correct. I also see the same thing. Data older than 30 days do appear to show incorrect results.
(01-03-2013, 08:00 AM)pkelly251 Wrote: The usage data appears to report inaccurately for data older than 30 days.

This is the first I've heard of this issue.

I would recommend you verify this by using ResScan, which ia also a free software package designed specifically for your brand (ResMed) of machine.

I have a different brand machine and do not have this problem. Plus, a lot of other folks here have ResMed machines and I don't recall any reports from them about this issue.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-03-2013, 12:05 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I would recommend you verify this by using ResScan, which ia also a free software package designed specifically for your brand (ResMed) of machine.
Sleepster is correct ... Resscan designed for Resmed machines but don,t works with Mac computers
here is the link to Resscan download instructions (post #1)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-2

Resscan report interpretation guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
SleepyHead does report inaccurate hours of use currently in some cases.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
(01-03-2013, 08:00 AM)pkelly251 Wrote: The usage data appears to report inaccurately for data older than 30 days. It is showing that I am using between 12 and 17 hours most days. For the most recent 30 days it shows accurate. Can anyone tell me if there is some setting I can change to correct this. All other data appears to report accurately. Thanks.

Hi Pkelly, Welcome

I've had similar numbers too, during the same time period over the last 90 days, ResScan shows my daily average usage to be 8:07 hours per day while SleepyHead shows my average daily usage to be 14:18 hours per day, about 90% greater than it actually was.

I had started noticing the discrepancy more than a month ago but since SleepyHead IS BETA software, I assumed it will be fixed sometime in a future release, this is a good reason to continue using both applications because ResScan does match my hours used on my S9.

There's also a time discrepancy (sometimes) when viewing a daily session, the hours used under Details doesn't always match the session hours in the bottom right-hand corner where it shows the combined session hours for that day.

When I scroll-down under Details to Session Information it sometimes shows more than 1 SessionID and the timeframe will be off by a minute and it shows 2 sessions for the same basic timeframe (less a minute difference), I understand there's actually another SessionID generated by the S9 if I slept past Noon so the day rolls-over to the next but, why are there 2 separate sessions showing-up in SleepyHead with slightly different time-stamps? ResScan doesn't show the 2 sessions but for some unknown reason SleepyHead does.

Like I said, it's BETA software and hopefully this is just a bug that needs to be squished.

Ren

(01-03-2013, 05:05 PM)archangle Wrote: SleepyHead does report inaccurate hours of use currently in some cases.

I have encountered that also. It gets the start time correct, but reports the end time by exactly one hour short. Strangely, it does it only sometimes and I can't figure out a pattern. I'm sure Mark is aware of it. Anyway, it is beta software and I didn't pay anything for it, so I'm still thrilled to have it.
(01-03-2013, 12:05 PM)Sleepster Wrote: This is the first I've heard of this issue.

Actually, it has been reported here before, I hadn't seen it until now. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...uble-hours
Has the bug been reported on the SourceForge page? I think Mark asked that trouble reports be entered there. He may not be monitoring this site for bugs that are discovered.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 294 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  P10 reporting leaks even when there are no real leaks Michaely6 14 2,573 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: JasonR
  Why does my O2 reporting not reflect my Oscar reporting ? Albatros 4 511 06-23-2023, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Albatros
  What can I expect from the DVLA (UK) after reporting OSA? Quarky68 1 658 06-21-2023, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Why does my Oscar reporting start at a wrong time ? Albatros 4 712 04-15-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Albatros

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.