Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Smiley Face
SleepyHead Smiley Face
This morning SleepyHead shows a big yellow Smiley Face!

I only had my mask on for just about 4 hours last night (I took it off sometime during the night) but so what, I still got a 0.0 for that time.

Yay me!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead Smiley Face
Good job and great news! If you are taking the mask off it will be a comfort setting that needs adjusting or your just getting used to the alien on your face as the machine is doing a great job with the apnea.

If your 0.0 shifts up don't worry, you have your ZERO and they tend to vary from night to night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 11:05 AM)PoolQ Wrote: Good job and great news! If you are taking the mask off it will be a comfort setting that needs adjusting or your just getting used to the alien on your face as the machine is doing a great job with the apnea.

If your 0.0 shifts up don't worry, you have your ZERO and they tend to vary from night to night.

Yeah, I'm not worried. Usually I'm between 2 and 3, sometimes around 1. This is the first time I've had a 0 so I'm proud of myself.

I still can't figure out why I'm taking the mask off but I do it pretty much every night and often around the same time each night.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be proud, double goose eggs are RARE for any of us! Stay under 5.0 and you are "meeting the standards"!!!:grin:

I don't struggle with removing my gear, (luckily), but do you have any idea as to a pattern, IE. feeling of suffocating, rolling over, just ready for a bathroom break, or just came back from one?

For me, looking at my flow rate graph helps me locate a change in pattern, maybe just a yawn or a roll over. The time frame back to a steady sleep pattern could give you a hint. If needed, the SH software link shows flow pattern samples and what to look for. It may help you find a solution to your mask removal.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

Just some random thoughtsDont-know

(10-16-2015, 11:37 AM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: Yeah, I'm not worried. Usually I'm between 2 and 3, sometimes around 1. This is the first time I've had a 0 so I'm proud of myself.

I still can't figure out why I'm taking the mask off but I do it pretty much every night and often around the same time each night.

Post Reply Post Reply
Chinstrap worn over the mask can helps keep the mask in place and make it that much harder removing the mask without noticing
Plus, can helps keep mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 01:02 PM)ginzo Wrote: I don't struggle with removing my gear, (luckily), but do you have any idea as to a pattern, IE. feeling of suffocating, rolling over, just ready for a bathroom break, or just came back from one?

For me, looking at my flow rate graph helps me locate a change in pattern, maybe just a yawn or a roll over. The time frame back to a steady sleep pattern could give you a hint. If needed, the SH software link shows flow pattern samples and what to look for. It may help you find a solution to your mask removal.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead

I'm not sure why I take it off, I'm not awake enough to know what's going on. My wife told me that one time she was awake when I did it and I looked really annoyed, ripped it off and threw it on the floor. Dont-know

I'll check out that link, hopefully that will shed some light on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I no longer rip mine off, but several times a night I do take it off and get up. For me I think it is fatigue caused by something that is just not set quite right and I need a break
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, it's usually the beer I rented...
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 263 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 744 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.