Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead Software
SleepyHead Software
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Hi All, I recently switched to a Philips Respironics System one machine from a Resmed S9 and getting some weird data when i import from SD card, getting AHI numbers with 5 and sometimes 6 digits in it on the detail page, plus the sleepyhead isn't showing any pressures or even showing AHI numbers in the trend windows (not sure how its calculating the AHI when i check it under details. I am using Sleepyhead Version 9.2-3
RE: SleepyHead Software
(07-27-2013, 09:32 AM)rglasalle Wrote: Hi All, I recently switched to a Philips Respironics System one machine

Which one? After removing water tank to avoid spillage, look for the model number on the bottom of the machine.

SleepyHead doesn't always play well with the more sophisticated BiPAP machines, but should work fine if you have a REMstar.

What's your operating system: Windoze, Mac or Linux?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Operating system is a MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4 on the bottom of the machine there is a REF number of 761CA as well as another number that is D832, nothing there that specifically says model number.
That's probably a 60 series BiPAP Auto. Does it say something like that near the display?

The 760 is one of the more problematic machine for SleepyHead. I'm not sure whether or not that's fixed in the latest version of SH, which is 0.9.3 on Windows. I'm not quite sure about versions of SH for Mac.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
The modifications to SleepyHead to make it work with the newer Respironics 60 Series machines were made by helpful users, not the original author who stopped working on it while it was (and now still is) in beta.

These modifications, as I understand it, were not done for the Mac version of SleepyHead.

Also, even when the author was actively working on SH he never did get a lot of the bugs worked out for Respironics models in the 600's and 700's. These are the BiPAP machines and the author never did get, for example, the unintentional leak rate right. What I have to do is look at the total leak rate and guesstimate the unintentional leak rate from there. Alternatively I use EncoreBasic to verify that the unintentional leak rate is under control. Plus, the machine's on-screen display shows the percent time in large leak. As long as I wear my chin strap I can keep it at 0% almost all the time.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
That's interesting, thanks for posting Sleepster. Do you know if the modifications were done for Linux?

The SleepyHead code is all just one code base for all of the supported platforms, so one would assume that changes made apply to all platforms. It doesn't mean someone didn't put OS-specific code sections somewhere, though.
I don't know enough about software authoring to be able to look at those issues. I would encourage you to join the discussion at the SourceForge SleepyHead website. That's where the development is being discussed.

I would recommend that anyone who is capable donate their time to this project. It seems that donating money to the author, while a nice way to thank him for his past efforts, will have no effect on future development. It's going to be up to others to continue the development.
Sleepster

(07-27-2013, 09:32 AM)rglasalle Wrote: Hi All, I recently switched to a Philips Respironics System one machine from a Resmed S9 and getting some weird data when i import from SD card, getting AHI numbers with 5 and sometimes 6 digits in it on the detail page, plus the sleepyhead isn't showing any pressures or even showing AHI numbers in the trend windows (not sure how its calculating the AHI when i check it under details. I am using Sleepyhead Version 9.2-3

I tried installing SH on my Mac this morning and got the same sort of gibberish you did, so I just deleted it. I went out and purchased a Windoze computer today just for this purpose, but since my machine is a PR 760P it looks like I'm skunked there too.

So, does anybody know where I can download Encore? The PR website doesn't have download links. And when you talk about Encore Basic, do you mean Encore Viewer? The choices seem to be EncoreAnywhere, EncorePro2 and EncoreViewer.
You don't just download EncoreViewer. You pay $100 for EncoreViewer.

One of the advantages of ResMed over Philips Respironics.
(08-02-2013, 04:06 PM)RonWessels Wrote: You don't just download EncoreViewer. You pay $100 for EncoreViewer.

One of the advantages of ResMed over Philips Respironics.

Ah, OK.

Do you have any idea where I go to purchase it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,127 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 383 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 587 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,083 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 645 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,200 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.