Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: REMstar Heated Tube DS6T
CPAP Pressure: 11 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50F Pulse Oximeter

Sex: Male

RE: SleepyHead Software
Most places that sell CPAP machines should be able to also sell you the software. For example, if you go to Supplier #1 in the CPAP Supplier List, select "CPAP Software" and then "Machine Software", it is in the list of products available. I am using Supplier #1 as an example only; I have not purchased from them, so I can neither recommend them nor recommend against them. Other suppliers will undoubtedly also sell the software somewhere on their web site.
08-02-2013 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Paptillian Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 10, EPR x2
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I can try to build the Mac version of SleepyHead 0.9.3. Anybody want to buy me a Macbook? ;-)

Actually I'm a bit annoyed at Apple because they made it so that I can't use my wife's older Macbook to build software. I tried to download Xcode, Apple's software development tool, and it said her version of OS X is too old. She would have to upgrade to a newer OS X, which her hardware doesn't support... so it would amount to a new laptop purchase. Ridiculous! Especially for just wanting to build a free, open-source piece of software, NOT a commercial endeavor.

I already built SleepyHead 0.9.3 for Linux and it was free, quick, and simple. That's how building free software should be. There's a picture below of SleepyHead 0.9.3 running in Linux which in turn is running on my Windows desktop (through a virtualization software called VirtualBox).

This problem doesn't exist on Windows either. There are many Windows alternatives to Microsoft's development software (VisualStudio), but even MS themselves give away free editions of it once in a while.

Sigh....

[Image: Desktop.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 07:02 PM by Paptillian.)
08-02-2013 07:01 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(08-02-2013 03:29 PM)old dude Wrote:  And when you talk about Encore Basic, do you mean Encore Viewer?

They are pretty much the same thing. For a while there Respironics made EncoreBasic available as a free download, then it disappeared.

Respironics doesn't seem to want to make software available to us patients. Recently they made an app available but it's crap.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-02-2013 10:11 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SleepyHead software... does it support DreamStation now? kyhmm72 6 851 03-30-2016 11:49 PM
Last Post: palerider
  And SleepyHead's New Software License is... jedimark 20 1,643 03-27-2016 02:31 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Air curve 10 and Sleepyhead software sleepyOttawaSteve 16 1,330 02-26-2016 10:29 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Sleepyhead software - help with understanding charts stevewerth 3 569 02-15-2016 10:42 PM
Last Post: stevewerth
  Newbie to Sleepyhead software - few questions stevewerth 12 1,121 02-15-2016 03:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Stomach Sleepers with SleepyHead Software stcrim 6 952 01-27-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
Thumbsdown Onkor Free CPAP Software; Discuss the Software Here Cutter 6 6,912 11-28-2014 08:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2