Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap vs vpap
cpap vs vpap
I currently use a resmed escape ll cpap.
my pressure is set on 4 (they told me a sleep center that this was very low but it was all I needed)
Today I bought a used machine to use for travel. I did not realize it is a vpap. Resmed vpap S.
Is there any danger in using the vpap? Can someone suggest the proper settings?
Should I consult a technician before attempting to use?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpap vs vpap
Hi stapler101,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I think you can run that machine on straight CPAP but I'm not sure. Hang in there and someone who really knows the ins and outs of the VPAP machines will be able to help you.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi stapler101,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I think you can run that VPAP machine on straight CPAP but I'm not sure.
Hang in there and someone who really know the ins & outs of the VPAP machines will be able to answer your question.
Best of luck to you.
Edit: Sorry for the repeat post. I got a dialog that said that my message was missing and that I needed to post a message, (Ha-Ha.)
Maybe the software hickuped?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The VPAP can be run in straight CPAP mode. Request and download the manual for it so you can set it to what you need.

And 4 is indeed very very low. The lowest a machine will go is 3. But, hey, if it works for you, that's all you need it to do!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The VPAP S can be set to the straight CPAP therapy mode. Then, you can set your pressure, and it will work similarly to your Escape II. You will want to request the clinician's manual from Apnea Board for instructions. Go to http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual to request it. There are two machines known as the VPAP S, and you will need to be sure you request the correct manual. There is an S8 series machine that looks like your Escape II, and an S9 series machine that has a color display.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! the vpap came with all the manuals so now I just need to dive in and start reading to learn what settings to change.
Will these changes be explained in layman terms?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2013, 04:36 AM)stapler101 Wrote: Thanks! the vpap came with all the manuals so now I just need to dive in and start reading to learn what settings to change.
Will these changes be explained in layman terms?

Hi stapler101, welcome to Apnea Board!

The regular User Guides which come with the machines do not show how to adjust the pressure settings. The Clinician Manual, which usually is not given to patients, says how to adjust all settings.

If you do not have the Clinician Manual, you can download it, as explained in post from Big_Dave.

Feel free to post a question on this forum about anything which, after re-reading it, is still unclear.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 317 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 631 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,230 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.