Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead User Flags: Should I be using them?
SleepyHead User Flags: Should I be using them?
So for the past few nights I've been having perfect 0.0 AHI results but am still groggier during the day than I expected (better than before therapy, but not dramatically so). Although I know that for some people it takes a good amount of time to notice great improvements, my "perfect" score seems too good to be true. I'm wondering if there are a number of "near-events" that aren't being flagged, and that perhaps they're preventing me from getting into a deeper sleep, or even are briefly waking me up in such a way that I can't remember it. Are there any recommended user flags that I should set up to keep any eye out for this sort of thing?

Also, FWIW, my previous 34 AHI diagnosis consisted mostly of hypopneas and not full-on OAs, in case that informs what I should be looking for.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead User Flags: Should I be using them?
Does your machine flag RERA?

It is possible to have sleep disruptions without registering an apnea event. It is also possible for the Resmed machines to not record events due to a software glitch that can be resolved by fully removing power for 30 seconds and allowing the machine to reboot. You might want to do that just to make sure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does seem to record RERAs but it's only flagged 1 in about a two week period. What I was suggesting is not that it's malfunctioning, but that events might be occurring but they fall just short of the threshold of an "official" event. For example, let's say a cessation in breathing must be 10s or longer to get flagged as a CA. What if I had a bunch of them lasting only 9 seconds? Or if a hypopnea means falling below 50% of breathing volume for 10s but I only fall to 55%. That sort of thing. I know there will be variations and to some extent that's to be expected in even healthy non-apnea people, but I was wondering if many people have created custom flags to highlight these "almost events" and have used that data to their advantage.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine was purchased after June 2015 it should record RERAs. Here is a good thread on setting up the user flags.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...sleepyhead

Mine are Red and Light Red (almost tan) colored.
[Image: screenshot-20151002-065404.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 479 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation incorrect flags voluhar 0 393 02-19-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: voluhar
  Items missing in Event Flags in OSCAR heart1970 2 642 05-08-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Leak event flags vs. Leak rate graph verysincere 1 560 06-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,111 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  User flags #1 & #2 DO THEY MEAN ANYTHING car54 4 734 11-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Last Post: sheepless
  OSCAR: numbers on event flags guiniviere 17 2,241 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.