Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP
RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP
VirtualBox is truly amazing. It's not "smooth" enough for the really computer illiterate, but it's not that difficult. Occasionally, you'll run into some of its limitations. Sometimes it's something that just doesn't work in the virtual machine. Sometimes it's something that you have to bang on, or find the magic incantations by Googling. Some things require the command line interface, and aren't in the GUI.

Once again, "straight out of the box" VirtualBox is amazing and fairly easy to set up. It works really well for the things it works with.

It gets tough when you're wanting to access the actual hardware. For instance, with EncorePro, I'd wonder if it would be able to access the SD card, but apparently that does work, from someone else's report of success.

EncorePro/MS SQL server is such a steaming pile of stuff, that it concerns me, too. It's hard to get it to work on a real Windows PC. This is one place where a virtual machine actually helps because you can make a snapshot of your Windows image, try the install, and then restore the snapshot if you have problems with the SQL install.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have installed EncorePro on my MacBookPro in a virtual machine (Parallels) running Windows 8.
Then I added myself as a patient to EncorePro and downloaded the data from my SD card. There was a warning about the data not being for an EncorePro patient, but the data downloaded anyway.
So I can confirm that you can install and run EncorePro on a Mac, if you've got a Windows virtual machine installed.
And I can confirm that Parallels recognized the SD card and allowed me to choose whether to access it from the Mac operating system or the Windows. I chose Windows and EncorePro got the data just fine.

Also, I made a donation to JediMark to say 'thanks' and to encourage him towards making SleepyHead work for DreamStation data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm running EncorePro on an iPad using Parallels and Windows 10 Home edition. EncorePro reads my data card using the iPad's built in SD card reader.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Sleepytime 1.0.0 Beta now works for DreamStation Auto CPAP. I am very happy and sent in my contribution! What a great piece of software.

Does it also support the Respironics RemStar Auto M Series C-Flex which uses a smart card? That card only stores detailed data for 7 days, but summary data for one year.

Anyhow many thanks to Sleepytime authors and contributors!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2016, 01:20 AM)pupcamper Wrote: I'm running EncorePro on an iPad using Parallels and Windows 10 Home edition. EncorePro reads my data card using the iPad's built in SD card reader.

Wow! I'll have to watch auto correct closer and proof read. My iPad substituted iPad for iMac. Confused
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2016, 08:20 PM)higlider Wrote: Sleepytime 1.0.0 Beta now works for DreamStation Auto CPAP. I am very happy and sent in my contribution! What a great piece of software.

Does it also support the Respironics RemStar Auto M Series C-Flex which uses a smart card? That card only stores detailed data for 7 days, but summary data for one year.

I'm not sure, but I doubt it does M series, at least not yet. M series uses a smart card, which interfaces to Windows in a much different fashion and doesn't appear as a drive to Windows. I now Mark discussed working on M series at one time, but I doubt it's filtered to the top of his todo list. It also requires device drivers and a special smart card reader.

The M series Auto stores much less data than the PRS1, S9, or A10 machines. No waveform data, no central apnea detection, plus a few other things.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2016, 08:20 PM)higlider Wrote: Does it also support the Respironics RemStar Auto M Series C-Flex which uses a smart card? That card only stores detailed data for 7 days, but summary data for one year.

sleepyHEAD.

and, no, there's no code available to talk to the smart card reader, so sleepyHEAD can't read the data off of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2016, 04:09 PM)palerider Wrote: and, no, there's no code available to talk to the smart card reader, so sleepyHEAD can't read the data off of it.

ohhh, I wish Big Grin

using flashpap + sleepyhead now, but integrated would be wunnerful!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 09:11 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 08:41 AM)archangle Wrote: The internet/cell phone based "wireless" service does have a version that works.

Arch, could you expound on this? Are you saying that there is a way to get the current version of SleepyHead to work with the DreamStation machines somehow? If so, how?

I was able to get it to work using SleepyHead beta at "https:// sourceforge.net/ projects/ sleepyhead/ files/ Snapshots/ SleepyHead-latest-snapshot/"
Remove the spaces to get the link to work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,783 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Philips CPAP auto, 6 or 12 graphs in OSCAR. RickEiben 6 854 05-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: RickEiben
Angry Cannot download sleep data from Fisher & Paykel Auto CPAP dannyknight7 8 1,624 07-19-2022, 09:09 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Inserting the SD Card of the old device into the replaced Philips Dreamstation Cpap deimos 9 4,505 06-24-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deimos
  Philips Respironics DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced Machine carcath 13 3,528 09-26-2021, 07:49 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Support for Fisher & Paykel ICON+ Auto on SleepyHead or Oscar JaX F 2 889 04-05-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: A KLERK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.