Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead and Wifi SD Cards
Question 
SleepyHead and Wifi SD Cards
Hello all,

If this question has been answered already, I apologize for cross posting in advance.

Can SleepyHead import data from Wifi SD Cards?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead and Wifi SD Cards
If you insert directly in the computer's SD card slot, like a regular SD card then, Yes.  Doing it this way will defeat the card's WiFi purpose.   To make use of the WiFi capability, use either FlashPAP or SleepMaster.  Both are free programs written by members to help with the data download.  They will download the CPAP data to a folder on your PC.  You then point the data import function in #SleepyHead to this folder.

Here are the links:
FlashPAP
SleepMaster
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead doesn't import directly from the Wifi SD Card, it uses a third party utility to move the data from the Wifi SD Card to your computer, then SleepHead imports from there.

Crimson Nape provided you the links.

Be aware though that this works with Toshiba's FlashAir Wifi cards, there are other Wifi cards, and I haven't seen anyone posting about having had success with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2019, 09:20 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Be aware though that this works with Toshiba's FlashAir Wifi cards, there are other Wifi cards, and I haven't seen anyone posting about having had success with them.

Good Point!  Both of the programs I listed previously, are written specifically for the Toshiba FlashAir.  Other WiFi card providers may or may NOT support the background command structure for proper operation.  Awhile back someone posted about trying another brand of WiFi card without success.  Now they own a rather expensive SD card. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my card set up as a network drive, and Sleepyhead does detect it as an input SD card and can import directly. Problem is it takes forever and a day when it starts that indexing thing (I think) it does, so I always specify to use the SD card inserted into the PC. I use a FreeFileSync task to copy the information from the wifi SD card to the SD card in the computer while I'm "offline," so it's always up to date.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was (briefly) able to import directly by mapping the WiFi card as a network drive, but it was not always reliable and I've always relied on FlashPap. For some reason, much of the time the drive would "red X" on Explorer, even though FlashPap could read it.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,900 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,242 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,252 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,944 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Wifi SD sync wils98 1 1,039 02-12-2023, 03:03 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.