Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Encore Basic Using A Virtual Disk - Not Recognized
Question 
Encore Basic Using A Virtual Disk - Not Recognized
Using Encore Basic to read my FlashAir WiFi Card Contents, I'm attempting to utilize a Virtual SD Card using imdiskinst + Dolphin.... The Virtual Disk produced a Disk "K" and will accept Data from the FlashAir and can be read by Sleepy Head successfully.

The issue is that I want to use Encore Basic to read certain graphs, but Encore will NOT recognize the Virtual SD Card as a Initialized Data Card.....

During "Download from Device", I get "A Philips Respironics Data Card Was not found"......

I mistakenly assumed if I placed the contents of the Data into the Virtual Card manually that Encore would accept it, but no......

So how do I "Virtually" Initialize the Virtual Card so Encore will recognize it as the SD Card Data Folder?

Thanks....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Encore Basic Using A Virtual Disk - Not Recognized
Are you downloading the complete card so the virtual drive looks exactly like the SD card's contents?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx for responding Crimson...

Just to be sure, Instead of just using the contents of the FlashAir download, I instead copied the Data from an Actual SD Card that had original Data from the CPAP itself....  Now when I went into Encore, it did indeed find the Virtual SD CARD..... Now for some issues..

1) Now that Encore sees the Virtual Disk Location, I then took the contents of The latest FlashAir download and pasted it into the folder, hoping to update the Data....... and not to remove anything. Once I did that (without theoretically removing anything), Encore then failed to see the Virtual Card......  So something in the updated Data is changing its ability to be recognized.

2) After Re-Booting the PC, hoping that resolved the issue, I found the Virtual SD Card Drive was lost. I wrongfully assumed it would Auto Load each time Windows booted. Is there an option in imdiskinst that allows for it to remain resident and not lost each boot?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a batch file to mount my virtual drive and the launch flashpap I have described it below, I am using a resmed machine but see no reason why it should not work for a Respironics and Encore

I have a dummy file called Home.txt in the root directory of the virtual SD card if the batch file cannot find it then either the wrong virtual SD is mounted or no virtual SD is mounted. My laptop Flushes its local dns unmounts any mounted D: drives and remounts the correct virtual sd as D:\ and ensures it is flagged as removable and then launches flashpap to perform a download if the correct SD card is mounted it skips the mount stuff and just launches flashpap

the batch file looks like this

if not exist D:\Home.txt (
ipconfig /flushdns
imdisk -D -m D:
imdisk -a -f "C:\Virtual Disks\Home SD.raw" -m D:\ -o rem)
start C:\FlashPAP\FlashPAP.jar user=S9HomeWifi exit=yes startapp=yes
Post Reply Post Reply
Wizard99,
First, jasWilliams has a good idea of using FlashPAP to get around this problem in the post above.  

Secondly, It seems that most CPAPs have a machine setting database (descriptor files) that store a history of the machine's parameters when it is used.   If you are only copying the sleep parameter files, then you are omitting these.  When an analysis software (Encore) reads these files, I'm guessing that it is looking for a corresponding entry date in the parameter log.  It also could be something as simple as updating the file's date.   It appears that you will need to copy the complete SD card every time  you perform a download to get around your problem.

At the end of the day, my explanation is merely speculation but would seem logical based on your reports.

Good luck and keep us posted of your successes and failures. That way we will know what works and what doesn't.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you too have encountered this issue and developed a clever work around...

I do understand somewhat of your suggestion, however DOS & Batch files are not my strong suit..

If it would be feasible, would you be able to provide a Step by Step of what I (and others) would need to do to incorporate this the process?

Many Thanks!

Marc
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,555 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 852 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,428 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,130 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  DS AVAPS not recognized by Oscar ItsComplicated 2 521 12-17-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Shad0Wolf
  CMS50F USB-C HW 2.0.0 FW 2.0.7 not recognized--previously was PurchanceToDream 4 602 08-31-2022, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called biz1219 2 1,602 06-13-2022, 07:54 AM
Last Post: biz1219

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.