Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead display of some data is wrong
SleepyHead display of some data is wrong
My SleepyHead 1.0.0 is wrong in “Overview” display of AHI data more than 1 month old (more than 28 to 32 days ago).  Has anyone else experienced this?  Do I have something wrong in my Settings?

My ResMed VPAP machine stores this data in the file “STR.edf”.  I viewed the data with an edf reader;  the data is OK.  AHI, CA, OA, UA, and H are all OK.  I know the correct values from my pen and paper notes.  Also, I have backup ResMed data from previous months;  each backup Overview display is OK for the data 1 month most recent, but it is different than Overview taken 1 month or more later.  Is it possible ResMed somehow corrupted “STR.edf” in a way that causes SleepyHead to incorrectly display data that is OK in that file? If so, would it be safe for me to delete (with backup) the file STR.edf from the ResMed data card;  will ResMed generate a new good STR.edf, or does that file contain critical unique information for restart after power outage?

I see this problem in both Windows and Mac, current versions.  Including the “BrokenGL” version.  I have 2017 Overview data that was OK - old paper printouts from SleepyHead and screen shots of the Overview.  I have notes about seeing this problem in 2013, but it went away.  I do not have old versions of SleepyHead.exe, although I have all my backups of the data (since 2012 initiation).  Is this a recurrent bug in various versions of SleepyHead?

My 2017 backups of the data that is correct on those old prints & screen shots:  When I load those backups today, the Overviews show this kind of wrong data - clearly different than 2017.  When I load the corresponding 2017 “profile”, 1.0.0 gives me a pop up that it needs to reanalyze for this new version using the backup located in the “profile”;  when I click OK the Overviews show the wrong data.  I cannot “review” the 2017 results, but it is noteworthy that the backups have the 2017 STR.edf file, which is evidence the problem is not the current STR.edf.

The “wrong data” is subtle;  it is possible others have this problem but do not notice it.  Here are some details for what I am experiencing:  Total AHI values are too low - variable, but roughly 1/3 to 1/4 the correct value.  On days when I do not use the VPAP the Overview correctly shows blanks.  On days when the correct AHI is much higher than typical, more than a month in the past, the Overview shows a low value that is much higher than adjacent values.  My true CA is almost always much larger than my true OA, but the Overview more than 1 month ago shows CA about the same as OA, both low, so the CA data are “more wrong”.  The data from the current month (28 to 32 days) is OK with CA much larger, but that data comes from the files in the “Datalog” folder, not from STR.edf.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead display of some data is wrong
I would recommend that you upgrade to SH 1.1.0
Link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...stallation
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Think I am having some problems too. Due to quite bad times with health recently my usage of CPAP has been rather erratic unfortunately. I definitely did not use the machine last saturday as my nose was streaming. But SH registers that I have done!! Also my machine recorded 5.58 hours last night but SH recorded more than 7 hours!!

This has never happened before!!
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My SH is 1.0.0 beta 2, is that the latest?

Post Reply Post Reply
Have now downloaded latest SH from Sleeprider's link. Last night's reading is accurate and the same as the machine's with this latest version, thank you all.

Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape:
Thanks.  1.1.0 seems to work fine without that problem.  I never tried this version because I was concerned about the word "unstable" in the name of the program.  Should I expect the program to crash occasionally?
Pete2g2
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape:  New problem with 1.1.0:
After Download it started OK.  Rhwn I tried to change user and could not.  Shut down program.  I'm trying to start it again (version 1.1.0) but it will not start.  Error pop up:

"The program can't start because MSVP120.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Reinstalling does start the program, but I don;t see a way to start the program a 2nd time.

Pete2g2
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try shutdown and restart (reboot) your computer?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE:

I tried shut down & reboot.  Same issue;  missing file MSVCP120.dll.  1.1.0 won't run.

I uninstalled, then again installed 1.1.0.  This time, after installation, it detected the profile from this morning (which did not have the data problem) and asked if I wanted to open it;  I said yes.  Now that profile does have the data problem.

I cannot load a new profile, because the File tab does not have the usual option for "New Profile".  I see no way to try a different data set.

Pete2g2
Post Reply Post Reply
When you first run 1.1.0, you will see the Profile selection on the right side or click on the Profile tab and see it on the right side.

Suggest reinstalling Microsoft VC++ runtime.
You can download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=40784

If you are using 64-bit Windows, download and install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit. Install 32-bit first.

If you continue getting an error, continue below and try these updates for vc++. (No need to continue further if it now works) Smile

If you are using 64 bit: http://download.microsoft.com/download/0...st_x64.exe
If you are using 32 bit: http://download.microsoft.com/download/0...st_x86.exe

Again, if you are using 64-bit, I would go ahead and install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit. Install 32-bit first.

If either of those links fail, This is the entrance page to it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...le-package

If you are using a Windows OS prior to 10, apply this KB for the OS you are using: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...in-windows
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 203 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,632 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 497 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 664 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.