Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher&Paykel ESON
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
SleepyHead does not get all OA events!
I use this software for over a month and it is GREAT tool to analyze data from CPAP machine! I currently use latest available version "SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit" and noticed some problems.

First, each time I import data from SD card from my S9, AHI for one particular day is "messed up" - to be precise, all data for all other dates are OK except for just one date: 2015-11-09! It is not first date (I started with treatment on 2015-11-07) so it is really interresting why only that date has a problem - and problem is: instead 3.03, SleepyHead shows 6.06! Then I use "rebuild CPAP data" option and it restores value back to 3.03... But next time I import new session from SD card, it again wrongly change AHI for only that day from 3.03 to 6... AHI for other dates are fine and it does not affect them... I can't figure out why this happens, but today I backup all SleepyHead data and delete my profile and create new, import SD from scratch and now looks that it stopped doing that for that date (didn't have time to check other days, but for 2015-11-09 AHI now stays 3.03 when I import from SD).

But, this morning I have another problem - SleepyHead missed one OA event... For date 2015-12-08 my AHI was 3.1 (S9 shows on display and ResScan software also show correct value) but SleepyHead shows 2.86! The reason for this is that last night, among other apnea types, I had 3 obstructive apnea events (as it is clearly seen in ResScan) but SleepyHead shows only 2 of them (which is reason for miscalculation). That last OA that is not detected in SleepyHead happened at 6:04:59 which is clearly seen at ResScan - and it happened almost exactly at the moment when I get out of bed and turned machine off.
Now, let say it is OK not to count it because I was awake in that moment and that OA is obviously wrongly detected by S9 Cool - but Sleepyhead definitelly should get it from CD card data because ResScan did (it is written on SD)... I also noticed that detected end time in SleepyHead is 6:04:26 which is obvious reason for not detecting that OA because it happened later at 6:04:59 so 6:04:26 is not real end time for session - so SleepyHead oviously did not get all last night data from SD card...

Does anybody else noticed simmilar problems?
12-09-2015 06:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events!
That's an interesting issue. I'll take a look at my times in ResScan and SleeyHead to see if I can duplicate that.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
12-09-2015 08:56 AM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Well I was able to verify that issue. Last night SH shows my total time as 9:07:02 and ResScan shows it as 9:08. No seconds in ResScan so I can't tell if this is just a rounding error. In my data last night, Sleeyhead shows a Hypopnea at 22:58 where ResScan missed it so it seems neither program is perfect. If SH is cutting off the last minute, I can see where it would miss that last event of yours. I'll check through the bug reports and if I can't find a similar issue I'll report your findings. Thanks arminio.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
12-09-2015 10:43 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

SH has a setting to ignore sessions that are under x minutes. I don't remember what the default was... but if you turned the machine off at all, that might cause a missed section if it was within that timeframe.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
12-09-2015 06:59 PM
arminio Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed Autoset S9
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher&Paykel ESON
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4-14

Other Comments:

My first thought was the same - I thought that I stopped treatment before minimum time is reached - but default is 4 or 5 minutes (can't remember correctly - I don't have SleepyHead available on PC from which I post this). But my session lasts 4 hours before I stop treatment (I did not turn S9 off - just stopped treatment by pressing "power" button once and shortly and taking mask off).
12-10-2015 03:15 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
MichaelWD64 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H51
CPAP Pressure: 14

Other Comments: Pre-CPAP AHI = 145. Sleep Apnea & Central Sleep Apnea. GERD. Severe Allergies- IgE over 2000.

want to post screenshots, can't yet, new user thing I guess.
Any idea how many posts I need or how long I need to be here to post SleepyHead screenshots?
And is this forum the right place for SleepyHead screenshots? I don't really need software help, it's working fine, just need help understanding what the data means.

Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 08:18 PM by MichaelWD64.)
12-12-2015 08:16 PM
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

(12-12-2015 08:16 PM)MichaelWD64 Wrote:  want to post screenshots, can't yet, new user thing I guess.
Any idea how many posts I need or how long I need to be here to post SleepyHead screenshots?
And is this forum the right place for SleepyHead screenshots? I don't really need software help, it's working fine, just need help understanding what the data means.

Thank you!

You will need 8 posts. This is not the forum to post sleepyhead screenshots of your therapy in. Start a new thread in main forum when you are ready.

OpalRose
12-12-2015 08:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Collapse Events Breakdown pie chart Russatrice 3 45 Yesterday 12:23 AM
Last Post: Russatrice
  sleepy head. length of events available ? stephenrudolph 2 209 08-01-2016 01:43 PM
Last Post: stephenrudolph
  Sleepyhead Beta 2 not reporting events correctly FrankNichols 8 557 05-16-2016 08:25 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleepyhead Beta2 BUG - no events on graph FrankNichols 5 389 04-24-2016 10:14 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Resync Machine Detected Events 0rangebear 2 213 03-19-2016 04:58 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
Smile SleepyHead Time Between Events JAR14 3 463 02-06-2016 10:06 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SleepyHead Events Flags zonk 3 771 01-22-2016 04:20 PM
Last Post: Inspired