Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead does not get all OA events!
SleepyHead does not get all OA events!
I use this software for over a month and it is GREAT tool to analyze data from CPAP machine! I currently use latest available version "SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit" and noticed some problems.

First, each time I import data from SD card from my S9, AHI for one particular day is "messed up" - to be precise, all data for all other dates are OK except for just one date: 2015-11-09! It is not first date (I started with treatment on 2015-11-07) so it is really interresting why only that date has a problem - and problem is: instead 3.03, SleepyHead shows 6.06! Then I use "rebuild CPAP data" option and it restores value back to 3.03... But next time I import new session from SD card, it again wrongly change AHI for only that day from 3.03 to 6... AHI for other dates are fine and it does not affect them... I can't figure out why this happens, but today I backup all SleepyHead data and delete my profile and create new, import SD from scratch and now looks that it stopped doing that for that date (didn't have time to check other days, but for 2015-11-09 AHI now stays 3.03 when I import from SD).

But, this morning I have another problem - SleepyHead missed one OA event... For date 2015-12-08 my AHI was 3.1 (S9 shows on display and ResScan software also show correct value) but SleepyHead shows 2.86! The reason for this is that last night, among other apnea types, I had 3 obstructive apnea events (as it is clearly seen in ResScan) but SleepyHead shows only 2 of them (which is reason for miscalculation). That last OA that is not detected in SleepyHead happened at 6:04:59 which is clearly seen at ResScan - and it happened almost exactly at the moment when I get out of bed and turned machine off.
Now, let say it is OK not to count it because I was awake in that moment and that OA is obviously wrongly detected by S9 Cool - but Sleepyhead definitelly should get it from CD card data because ResScan did (it is written on SD)... I also noticed that detected end time in SleepyHead is 6:04:26 which is obvious reason for not detecting that OA because it happened later at 6:04:59 so 6:04:26 is not real end time for session - so SleepyHead oviously did not get all last night data from SD card...

Does anybody else noticed simmilar problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events!
That's an interesting issue. I'll take a look at my times in ResScan and SleeyHead to see if I can duplicate that.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I was able to verify that issue. Last night SH shows my total time as 9:07:02 and ResScan shows it as 9:08. No seconds in ResScan so I can't tell if this is just a rounding error. In my data last night, Sleeyhead shows a Hypopnea at 22:58 where ResScan missed it so it seems neither program is perfect. If SH is cutting off the last minute, I can see where it would miss that last event of yours. I'll check through the bug reports and if I can't find a similar issue I'll report your findings. Thanks arminio.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
SH has a setting to ignore sessions that are under x minutes. I don't remember what the default was... but if you turned the machine off at all, that might cause a missed section if it was within that timeframe.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
My first thought was the same - I thought that I stopped treatment before minimum time is reached - but default is 4 or 5 minutes (can't remember correctly - I don't have SleepyHead available on PC from which I post this). But my session lasts 4 hours before I stop treatment (I did not turn S9 off - just stopped treatment by pressing "power" button once and shortly and taking mask off).
Post Reply Post Reply
want to post screenshots, can't yet, new user thing I guess.
Any idea how many posts I need or how long I need to be here to post SleepyHead screenshots?
And is this forum the right place for SleepyHead screenshots? I don't really need software help, it's working fine, just need help understanding what the data means.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 08:16 PM)MichaelWD64 Wrote: want to post screenshots, can't yet, new user thing I guess.
Any idea how many posts I need or how long I need to be here to post SleepyHead screenshots?
And is this forum the right place for SleepyHead screenshots? I don't really need software help, it's working fine, just need help understanding what the data means.

Thank you!

You will need 8 posts. This is not the forum to post sleepyhead screenshots of your therapy in. Start a new thread in main forum when you are ready.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 774 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 863 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 620 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Question Bookmarks (or hack) for User-Defined Events? DavidEsp 4 547 02-10-2023, 06:26 PM
  New Aircurve, Missing CA UF2 Events jcoleman 3 608 12-20-2022, 04:48 PM
Last Post: jcoleman
  Meaning of numbers in parentheses of events in Oscar fredo48 8 1,540 10-15-2022, 07:01 AM
Last Post: fredo48
  Wellue SpO2 drop events & pulse changes ovmeadows 4 763 10-06-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: ovmeadows

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.