Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead doesn't read from NEW SD Card
Question 
SleepyHead doesn't read from NEW SD Card
I have an old SD card that works fine; I can upload new data to SleepyHead from it.
The card is almost broken and I got a new card from the supplier.

My CPAP machine writes the files fine to the new card and I can upload new data to Resperonics website (mydreammapper.com). However, no new data is uploaded to SleepyHead.

To get new data, I need to instead put in my old SD card in the machine and then upload it to SleepyHead.

I ordered a 2nd new card, but it has the same problem.

Why doesn't the new cards work with SleepyHead? Do I somehow need to tell the software that I am using a different card?
I noticed that the properties.txt file has some small differences.

p.s. I tried to copy the data on the working SD card to a blank SD card, and then put it into the CPAP machine. However, that didn't work at all; I got a card error when it tried to write to the card (it is not write protected). Why is that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead doesn't read from NEW SD Card
Can you tell us the make, model #, size of the new SD card you bought? 2nd question, what are you using to read the card on your computer?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2015, 07:39 AM)AlanE Wrote: Can you tell us the make, model #, size of the new SD card you bought? 2nd question, what are you using to read the card on your computer?

1. I have 4 cards:
A. Original SD Card from Apria Healthcare: Phillips Resperonics Lexar; Reorder 1063859; 1.86 GB
B. New SD Card from Apria Healthcare: Phillips Resperonics Lexar; Reorder 1063859; 1.86 GB
C. Another SD New Card from Apria Healthcare: Phillips Resperonics Lexar; Reorder 1063859; 1.86 GB
D. Crucial SD Card; 1.86 GB (which gives the error in the CPAP machine)

2. I have an internal SD card reader in my desktop. I believe that it is connected to the USB (2.0) bus.

I did a new "experiment":
1. Delete the data on Card B
2. Copy the data from Card A (which is missing data from last night) to Card B
3. Put Card B in the CPAP machine to add last nights data.
4. Tried to upload last night's data to mydreammapper.com => Last night's data imported.
5. Tried to import last night's data to SleepyHead => Last night's data NOT updated.

6. Next I created a new profile in SleepyHead
7. Tried to import all the data to the new profile => Now all data is there in the new profile, including last nights data!

Apparently, SleepyHead is aware* that I am using a new physical SD card and refuses to import the data in the same profile; only the original SD card may be used!? Is this by design or a bug?

*) Does SleepyHead read the CID information? If so, how can it do this if the card is connected to the USB bus?

p.s. I tried to edit the post above to indicate which card is which, but editing was no longer allowed....
Also, I subscribe to this thread, but I am not receiving any notifications..?

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2015, 06:07 PM)viking2 Wrote: p.s. I tried to edit the post above to indicate which card is which, but editing was no longer allowed....
Also, I subscribe to this thread, but I am not receiving any notifications..?

Post editing time has limits, based upon your post-count and member group, as explained here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...84#pid3284

Regarding thread subscriptions, you'll only get one email notification per day (usually at the end of the day), and even then, it's only when someone else (not you) replies in that thread. The system keeps track of how far into the thread you've read, and if you've already logged in and read all the new replies in a thread, you won't get notified because you've already read the new posts.

And, if you subscribe and receive a notification, you will get no further notifications until you come here and check the thread and read the new replies (while logged in). The system "assumes" that if you get notified, and don't bother to come to the forum to read the new replies, you don't need any further notifications. For more info on all this stuff, read this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...3#pid51173

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've never experienced the problem you have with sleepyhead. I've used a couple of SD cards including the FlashAir. It's possible Sleepyhead ignored the last days data due to a failed import. You could try purging that days data from SH, Data > Advanced > Purge Selected Day, and import it again. It sounds like your back in business now so something to keep in mind if it happens again.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2015, 07:24 PM)AlanE Wrote: I've never experienced the problem you have with sleepyhead. I've used a couple of SD cards including the FlashAir. It's possible Sleepyhead ignored the last days data due to a failed import. You could try purging that days data from SH, Data > Advanced > Purge Selected Day, and import it again. It sounds like your back in business now so something to keep in mind if it happens again.
Unfortunately, I am definitely not back in business Sad.
I need to import new data from the new card into the original profile (not the new profile) as I have a lot of notes in the old profile.

Currently, I cannot import any new data from the new card; only if I use the old card that is slowly falling apart.

(In the "experiment" above I had imported data from the old card up until last night. Previously I have tried to import several days of data from the new card into the original profile but nothing is ever imported)

I tried your suggestion; pointing on Nov 6 (Details show "Nothing's here") and Data > Advanced > Purge Selected Day. I then tried to import Nov 6th again from the new card again, but nothing is imported. (I can only get the new data, Nov 6, in a new profile)

Post Reply Post Reply
Now that you have another day's data on the card, have you tried importing it into your old profile?

Sleepyhead doesn't care that you have a new SD card. SH copies data off your SD card and stores the data on your hard drive. If the folder on the hard drive for Nov 6 exists with corrupt data or even no data, it could be ignored.

If you are not using Windows, the following will need to be adjusted.

The folder that stores your SH data is by default C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing

In this folder is a Profiles folder. Click into your Profiles folder.
This will contain both your old profile and your new profile.

I'll use OldProfile, NewProfile for this scenario.

Click into your OldProfile folder.
There you will see another folder for your CPAP machine. On mine it is ResMed_xxxxxx. x is usually the serial number.
Click into your machine name folder.
Click into your Events folder.
Find the folder that was written Nov 6th. Sorting the Date Modified column helps.
Move this folder out of Events. (Move it to Desktop for now)

Open SleepyHead
Navigate to Nov 6th.
It will probably show a message on the graphs: "Plots Disabled".
Do the Purge for the currently selected day again.
Shift-F2 to Import your data again. or File > Import Data.

If that still doesn't work, we can try something else.

Assuming NewProfile has all the previous data in it sans your Notes. Lets copy your notes from OldProfile to NewProfile and just use NewProfile from that point on.

In SH, load your NewProfile.
Make a note on any day. Could be anything like "Hello World". You need to enter something to create a Journal. It won't matter since it will be deleted.
Shut down Sleepyhead so all the data gets written.

Navigate to your SleepyHead Profiles folder again.
Click into your OldProfile folder.
Find the Journal_xxxxxxx folder and click into that.
Copy the Summaries.xml.gz file and the Summaries folder into your NewProfile\Journal_xxxxxx folder over-writing everything in it. Only the last note you entered would be in the NewProfile and we don't care about that.

Open SH again and load your NewProfile. Flip back to a day you entered a note on and see if your notes are there.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you tell me what the model number for this is:

D. Crucial SD Card; 1.86 GB (which gives the error in the CPAP machine)

There are different types of SD cards and different speed Class or UHS classes if it is a UHS design. It's also possible the Crucial card is bad.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 388 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 202 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.