Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead glitches
SleepyHead glitches
I have two versions of SH, 1.0.0-beta-2 BrokenGL, which no longer records the 90% rate for leak and pressure. I pretty much have to rebuild data on a daily basis for both versions, Some days this version totally glitches out when I try to turn it on and my user name is in red. When that happens nothing at all is working correctly. The only fix I've found is to start and restart the program several times until it kicks in.. There are 4 days missing in the Overview for pressure (big deal) and looks like one day missing for Large Leak (so what I suppose).

iN VERSION 0.9.8-1Testing BrokenGL, there is no Overview data at all. It also seems to do some other things that change but again I rebuild the data on a daily basis.

I started using the 1.0.0 38 days ago. I also noticed while I think when I downloaded the Testing version that the data is going into separate folders, unless I'm wrong about that it seems to have found the previous data and it shows all data (including the missing 90% stuff) all the way back to when I started missing the flow data I think it is up until I started using it.

The data like the AHI is always a bit different than Resscan which I suppose is no biggie. Anyway, this is why I have recently started asking questions about Resscan.

It seems like SH is a pretty cool program with a lot of features, more than I think I will need.

Does everyone experience all these glitches? It seems to me at my stage of learning that Resscan is the more reliable software by far and wonder why more people aren't using it.

Hope I can get an idea about how to think and operate with all this as it is, or if there is a fix.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead glitches
I use both SH and ResScan and while I don;t need all the data supplied by SH it is much more user friendly and easier to drill down into what you are interested in. I use the old SH open GL with Win 10. I used to use the old SH broken GL with Win XP. I do not have any of your issues. You might try backing up your data and then deleting and then reinstalling clean version of SH. Also consider using the older version of SH. Others here will have other helpful suggestions I'm sure but generally SH doesn't have the issues you describe as far as my experience goes.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any issues either but the SH converted data between 0.9.8-1 and the beta-2 is different. Beta-2 can migrate the old data (maybe) but now it will be useless in the older version. I kept two separate directories of SH data when I was transitioning to beta-2. I don't use 0.9.8-1 anymore though.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
So how do I go about saving the data I need and hopefully use it in a reinstalled 1.0.0-beta-2? I guess I need to find that folder making sure I have the right one and save it someplace. Then uninstall and reinstall 1.0.0-beta-2, relocate my saved folder and copy/paste into the new folder again hoping I find the right one?

I suppose if I do this successfully there will be no need to keep the Testing version?

Also, I saved the original program download. I wonder if I should use that again or if I'm better off redownloading it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2016, 03:16 AM)Lanco Wrote: So how do I go about saving the data I need and hopefully use it in a reinstalled 1.0.0-beta-2? I guess I need to find that folder making sure I have the right one and save it someplace. Then uninstall and reinstall 1.0.0-beta-2, relocate my saved folder and copy/paste into the new folder again hoping I find the right one?

Uninstalling doesn't remove the data folder. Though it would be a good idea to back it up in case something went wrong. You can locate the folder by going to Help > About Sleepyhead

[Image: AboutSleepyhead.PNG]

(11-30-2016, 03:16 AM)Lanco Wrote: I suppose if I do this successfully there will be no need to keep the Testing version?

No need. I don't use it anymore. Beta 2 seems to work fine for me. If you want, make sure Beta 2 works before deleting the older one. No harm in leaving it unless you are low on drive space.

(11-30-2016, 03:16 AM)Lanco Wrote: Also, I saved the original program download. I wonder if I should use that again or if I'm better off redownloading it?

Original should work. There hasn't been any update to it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanx, I tried that and I found out besides having the Testing version installed I had two copies of the new version installed. So I reinstalled and everything looks good although the missing info is still missing. I dont' suppose mixing the data from the Tesing version will do any good as i'ts a different format? Who knows maybe the missing info will turn up the next time I upload my SD card?

If that doesn't bring back the missing data I believe I had saved in another place for awhile some of the early data. I wonder if I found that and did a copy paste and just let whatever is there overwrite what's in the regular folder maybe the lost data will show up? Or could that totally mess things up do you suppose?

Interesting,after doing this I checked my older Testing version and found that now that version has lost all 90% for pressure and leaks except that last day just like the new version.

Wonder how I can get that to work again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure that would just corrupt things since the format between 0.9.8-1 and beta-2 is different. If it were me, I would purge all the data from beta-2 and reimport everything again from the SD card. Closing SH and deleting the data folder would have the same effect but you would need to setup your profile again.

[Image: purge-all.PNG]

If the data is missing after you imported it again, assuming the data still existed on your card for it to import, you can try to rebuild the data in SH.

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Tried it. Didn't help. Doesn't show any 90% data for leaks or pressure, not even the most recent day. Still have to rebuild data to make the stats correct. Still missing data on overview. ResScan shows the info so I don't suppose it's an SD card issue? I don't suppose uninstalling and redownloading the program would help over using the file that I used previously?

Wonder what would happen if I found where the data downloaded for ResScan, if I could figure out where that might be that is, and copy pasted that data into whatever folder it belongs in SH?

Also have noticed difference of value between ResScan and SH. Today SH shows my AHI as 1.24 vs 1.6 on ResScan. Anyone else have differing data between the two? I mean I know it's not a real big change of numbers but one of them is not correct and I'm assuming it's the glitchy SH. I would like to be able to use and count on both programs but as it is I maybe should consider using ResScan. Don't really know what to do now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the older 0.9.8-1 give the right data for you? If so, go back to using that version. Not much changed for ResMed between the testing and betas.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2016, 03:52 PM)AlanE Wrote: Does the older 0.9.8-1 give the right data for you? If so, go back to using that version. Not much changed for ResMed between the testing and betas.

No, it's also screwed up. Actually, it has gotten worse. Don't know what to make of this. I wouldn't think that the BrokenGL should make any difference should it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Statistics page glitches, per Bonjour's request [resolved, see post #3] Dormeo 2 950 05-03-2020, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.