Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead help
SleepyHead help
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

Finally installed SH on my laptop. When I open SleepyHead, it says there is a shiny new version 0.9.2-1 available. When I upgrade, I get an error. Something went wrong with unzipping. Ok, what am I doing wrong?
RE: SleepyHead help
I had exactly the same problem. I suspect that it is because my PC has a 64-bit processor and SleepyHead is written for a 32-bit processor. If you find a solution, please let me know!
Ah, I didn't think of that. Me too, my laptop is 64 bit too.
You can try right-clicking on the launch icon and choose "run as administrator".
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yes, right click the .exe file. Choose "run as administrator". Open the program and it will update. This is the only time you have to do that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Ahhh, Paula you're the greatest! Thank you too Sleepster.
SH seems to run ok with Linux (Kubuntu 12.04) but have not been able to test it with any other than some Zeo data.
When my S9 gets in I'll be working with it a LOT!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
(02-17-2013, 12:32 AM)shnorrer Wrote: I had exactly the same problem. I suspect that it is because my PC has a 64-bit processor and SleepyHead is written for a 32-bit processor. If you find a solution, please let me know!

No, that isn't it. I say this because SleepyHead works fine for my PC, even when updated. Make absolutely sure that the program isn't running in the background or something and that ALL update files are added. That being said, the next time you boot up or log in, try copying the files over again - make it the first thing you do, which should help ensure that it is NOT running (unless you have it start up when you log in). That being said, consider what error messages, if any, appear when you start the program and post them here. All I can say for sure is that SleepyHead DOES work on my machine.
AND -- if it worked before on a 64-bit OS then it will (should) continue to work when it is updated - make sense? Oh-jeez
(02-17-2013, 09:46 PM)Ugly Wrote: AND -- if it worked before on a 64-bit OS then it will (should) continue to work when it is updated - make sense? Oh-jeez

Maybe. Seems as though we'd have heard about it by now if the patch doesn't work on the 64-bit version of Windoze.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(02-17-2013, 10:35 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(02-17-2013, 09:46 PM)Ugly Wrote: AND -- if it worked before on a 64-bit OS then it will (should) continue to work when it is updated - make sense? Oh-jeez

Maybe. Seems as though we'd have heard about it by now if the patch doesn't work on the 64-bit version of Windoze.

Original, online auto update, and patch version 0.9.2-3 all work fine on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit for me.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.