Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead issues
SleepyHead issues
I'm struggling to get comfortable with the SleepyHead software and freely admit to having a looooong ways to go. I had a friend, an "experienced" CPAP person, look at my version and said it was unfamiliar to him principally because he couldn't find the graphs. So, this evening I did some research and found the following. When I go to "file" "preferences" there are seven tabs which appear. In the SleepyHead manual one of those tabs is the "graphs" tab. My screen shows no tab for "graphs". The tabs I see are Import, CPAP, Oximetry, Events, Waveforms, General, and Appearance.

I have spent time with the Beginner's Guide but find it rather difficult to work with likely because of my skill level. For example, I've yet to figure out how to resize a screen even though I believe I'm following the instructions. I was hoping to resize and print some of my screens that do not resemble the screens from the manual. For example, my Daily Data window bears no resemblance to that depicted in the manual.

Just venting my frustrations i guess. I'd hoped to have the software mastered before my upcoming meeting with the PA. My provider has me using Philips DreamMapper software and it is so elementary as to be laughable when compared to SleepyHead. I'd like to be able to show off the SleepyHead software at my meeting.

Any help greatly appreciated.[Image: huhsign.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead issues
hmm... seems like you and I have more in common than just our age!  However I might have a leg up on you because I do have some graphs in mine.

Don't get mad, but... have you loaded some data from your DreamStation?  If not, then SleepyHead (SH) can't display graphs with nothing, which is what I'm envisioning going on.

Okay, about the "missing" tab in 'File' | 'Preferences'...  I think that was for a version one or two upgrades back.  The current (published) version doesn't have a 'Graphs' tab.  The graphs are displayed on the 'Daily' page.  (On the second line, below the one 'File', etc. is on, the third tab is 'Daily' and any data will be displayed there.

Hope that helps!  Please keep us updated on your progress!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you running on a Windows platform, try using SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe instead of the regular SleepyHead.exe. You can find it in the SleepyHead folder where the regular version is located.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your thoughtful and most kind reply is appreciated. Yes, I've downloaded all data so, I suspect, the problem is with my personal abilities... or lack thereiof. However, being aware of the ever present conflict between all things Apple and all things PC, I received this suggestion from a fellow SleepyHead user. Think I'll give it a try:

If you running on a Windows platform, try using SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe instead of the regular SleepyHead.exe. You can find it in the SleepyHead folder where the regular version is located.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I believe I'll look into that option. I know there is continual unpredictable interaction between things Apple and things PC. If Sleepyhead was designed on an Apple device....  Well, I'll see. I'll post results if things change. Regards!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Crimson. I've made various stabs at locating the version you describe. Have been unable to find SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe. When I go to the page that has the SleepyHead download, it has three options: Windows, Mac and Ubunto. Maybe if you could describe further where to go and find the version you mention? Thanks for trying to help!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look in the directory folder that you installed SleepyHead in, usually your C: drive / Program Files / SleepyHead, you'll find it there.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Sheepish said. Big Grin  

If you're uncertain of SleepyHead's location on your computer, right-click on the icon that you use to start SleepyHead.  At the bottom of the option list is "Properties", select it.  Look at the path in the box labeled "Target".  This will provide you to the file location.  

Another trick is to modify the Target line of your shortcut by adding "-BrokenGL" after "SleepyHead" and before the ".exe".

It would look like: SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe

Let us know your result.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll probably undertake this tomorrow, or whenever I get back home. And if I understand, you're saying that such action will likely result in a more user friendly version of the software? Regardless, thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2018, 08:10 PM)HD Fry Wrote: I'll probably undertake this tomorrow, or whenever I get back home. And if I understand, you're saying that such action will likely result in a more user friendly version of the software? Regardless, thanks again.

It's the same user interface, the brokenGL is for the display driver which will show the graphics slightly differently.  I have to use this version as well. 
Both versions, the base and the brokenGL are installed when you install Sleepyhead - the default version that is run when you click the shortcut is the base version.  What CrimsonNape was asking you to do is to change the shortcut to run the brokenGL version.

If you're running Windows 10 then the steps are:
1) Right click the Sleepyhead shortcut on your desktop - a little dialog box pops up with some options
2) at the bottom of the list choose Properties - another dialog box pops up with more options
3) in the Target line you will see "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead.exe" which you will change to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe"
4) Click OK at the bottom of the box and you're done

Windows 7 & 8 will be similar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 223 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 707 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,650 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 675 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 794 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Date Range Field - Usability issues TubularRush 0 449 04-30-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: TubularRush
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 986 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.