Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead not showing CSR
SleepyHead not showing CSR
I recently (in November) switched from a Philips Respironics System 1 Auto to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.

When I was on the Philips system i would occasionally get flags in SleepyHead for some time spent in CSR. It wasn't every day and the time spent in CSR was never enough to really worry about.

But now, with the new ResMed system, when I load my data in SleepyHead, I don't even see an event flag for CSR. Not that there are no events, there's not even a place where there would be an event recorded!

i have attached a screen cap to show what I'm talking about.

I'm not really worried about it, but I am wondering, does this me that the ResMed hasn't detected any CSR, or is there something I have to do to make the ResMed record CSR if it happens?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead not showing CSR
(12-14-2015, 01:43 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: I'm not really worried about it, but I am wondering, does this me that the ResMed hasn't detected any CSR, or is there something I have to do to make the ResMed record CSR if it happens?
You cannot enable or disable CSR detection in the clinical menu. CSR detection available on all AirSense 10 models except "CPAP" model
If "Essential Plus" enabled, efficacy data shows on the screen sleep report but should have no relevance

Not sure about SH but ResScan Statistics page shows %Time in CSR ... shows 0.0 if no such events occurred

Edit: just checked, also "Summary Graphs" - Total Usage & Cheyne-Stokes
When you hover the arrow over the usage bar, shows Total Usage (hrs & mins) and CSR: mins (%)
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I installed ResScan, and it does show CSR, shows that I have 0.0% time in CSR.

I then completely uninstalled SleepyHaed and re-installed it. Still, no mention of CSR at all.

I am beginning to believe that SleepyHead simply doesn't show CSR if there are no instances of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
CSR shows up on Sleepyhead for me as 0.00% (above leaks leaks).

I have had CSR detected on previous nights, so this may have triggered it appearing even when zeros
Post Reply Post Reply
To see CSR in the daily details you need to check that option in the menu. Select File/Preferences and go to the Events tab. You will see Cheyne Stokes Respiration. You can (and should) change that label to Periodic Breathing, and abbreviate it as PB. You can even change the description. Most periodic breathing flagged as an event by the device is not CSR, and the label is incorrect and unnecessarily alarming.

Be sure all events you want to see in the events chart are checked, and you can uncheck event types that are not important to you. For example, I don't see any need for flags for user defined events or ramp.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 10:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: To see CSR in the daily details you need to check that option in the menu. Select File/Preferences and go to the Events tab. You will see Cheyne Stokes Respiration. You can (and should) change that label to Periodic Breathing, and abbreviate it as PB. You can even change the description. Most periodic breathing flagged as an event by the device is not CSR, and the label is incorrect and unnecessarily alarming.

Be sure all events you want to see in the events chart are checked, and you can uncheck event types that are not important to you. For example, I don't see any need for flags for user defined events or ramp.

All events are already checked in my preferences.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible the Resmed Airsense 10 does not record CSR as an event, similar to flow limitations, but instead is summarized data as described by Gyddyup. It's not worth worrying about, since you don't have the problem, and you could certainly see it on the flow waveform if it ever did occur. It's one of the most worthless pieces of information we get anyway. The only people concerned with it should be on Aircurve ASV or BiPAP SV machines, which can actually treat it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I'm not too concerned, I just thought it was strange.
Post Reply Post Reply
fyi this is how CSR appears in sleepyhead for me...

[attachment=1969]

Just don't ask me what any of it means
Post Reply Post Reply
What you'll need to do is zoom in on that "CSR" event, to the point the waveform can be clearly viewed on the flow chart. CSR has a very characteristic pattern, while other types of periodic breathing may have another appearance. I'm pretty sure you will find periodic breathing there, but not CSR. Looks like you have EPR set a 2.0, and spend most of the night at about 12.0 cmH2O.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,240 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 801 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean
  no graphs showing up on Oscar today ECM5 6 1,193 01-19-2023, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Pamelala
  CPAP Overlays not showing in OSCAR jholland01 30 1,686 01-14-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: jholland01
  Oscar not showing recent data Dormeo 8 682 11-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR started not showing graphs zzzZorro 2 675 07-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Last Post: zzzZorro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.