Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on 2 Computers
Question 
SleepyHead on 2 Computers
I will be traveling in Australia, Sept thru Nov by motorcycle & will be taking my Surface Pro. Can I just copy a file(s) from my home computer to the Surface Pro & have all the personal data & CPAP data for use on the Surface Pro or do I need to install Sleepyhead on the Surface Pro & set it up like the original install on my main computer (WIN 10 on Both)?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead on 2 Computers
I don't know why you need CPAP data on a motorcycle trip, but I have my laptop setup the same as I do the stationary computer. The data files are stored in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profiles, so setting up with the same user-name is key to keeping the data compatible. You can even share the data if you direct SH to a shared drive or cloud drive. Just be aware that if you put data in the cloud, you won't be able to access it on your walkabout when you're out of wi-fi range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have two computers. I simply download to the computer I am using at the time. Each computer gets caught up when I do the next download.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input.
I'll give it a try install on the Surface Pro.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got around to getting this done. Copied the Sleephead directory from my main computer & installed (copied) it to my Surface Pro.....Worked great all data shows up.
Thanks for assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar file management on two computers nightgagger 2 559 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  Store OSCAR data on dropbox; use by 2 computers? Liteheart1 8 1,545 02-18-2020, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  Change Computers Melman 5 1,497 03-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.