Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on HD 4K Monitor
RE: SleepyHead on HD 4K Monitor
Hi,

google search windows 10 dpi scaling fix.
there should be a web address that shows this reference and a picture of it.

windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

this will allow the larger fonts scaling in windows 10 Smile

AUDavidSydney
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2016, 09:36 AM)AUDavidSydney Wrote: Hi,

google search windows 10 dpi scaling fix.
there should be a web address that shows this reference and a picture of it.

windows10_dpi_blurry_fix.xpexplorer.com/

this will allow the larger fonts scaling in windows 10 Smile

AUDavidSydney

The problem with scaling the entire display is that it then affects everything displayed - and severely affects multitasking, ie. switching to check our mail or forum posts.

The issue at hand here was that the charts and graphs were displayed okay, it was the text labels and descriptions that were too small. Most applications (Sleepyhead included) provide means for adjusting text size within the programs windows to resolve the issues of varying display resolutions and varying visual acuity of users.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank,
No alt tabbing for me. 3 x 4k screens.
Ive used the dpi scale app from the url and it works for the apps that dont use dpi_scale natively.

AUDavidSydney
Post Reply Post Reply
I, too, had these issues with SleepyHead and several other programs when I installed Windows 10. I found this solution while searching a similar problem I was having with Photoshop. Some of the plug-ins were unreadable because the font was way too small. Other problems, in some other programs, were things like labels did not line up with buttons, font too small in comparison with other native Windows programs, buttons overlapped, etc.

I tried every trick I could find yet nothing worked until I found the following solution. It worked for SleepyHead and every other program with these issues so far. You must be comfortable with changing a registry entry and creating a file that you will add to each folder containing the main ".exe." file of any offending program.

Rather than explain the whole process, here is the link. It fixed my SleepyHead viewing issues. Make sure to follow the directions exactly. It might look a bit intimidating to some but it really is quite easy. Smile

While I've been registered here a long time, I'm more of a lurker so this is my first post. I'm not allowed to post a link yet---so you'll have to copy and paste into your browser. Eliminate the "quotes."

"www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 1,782 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 587 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,309 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79
  Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor cmpman1974 5 690 04-28-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: withtao
  Oximeter Vs Smartwatch vs no heart rate monitor xaid 0 477 03-31-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR? arborgent 9 1,858 01-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  *Info wanted* wrist oxygen monitor spetzal 4 806 01-21-2023, 02:21 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.