Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead on HD 4K Monitor
SleepyHead on HD 4K Monitor
Help please. I loaded SleepyHead (SH) onto a laptop with 4K HD resolution. All screens in SH are extremely small fonts, so much so that I can't read much of the content. I've tried CTRL/+ but that doesn't alter the screen in this case. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead on HD 4K Monitor
Try doing a Right-click of the desktop on your machine, and selecting Display Settings, to change the Display Resolution. It is possible to increase font sizes, or if necessary use the Advanced Options to change the screen resolution to a more conventional size. You will want to select a display resolution ending in 1080: #### x 1080.

Save the 4000k resolution for special applications and movies that support it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought you could set the font settings for most things in the Sleepyhead preferences. I don't know where it is in Windows, but on MacOS it is under Preferences->Appearance.

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider. I tried your suggestion -- via Advanced Options -- and it results in a reasonably sized font size. A downside is that is makes my desktop icons huge. I've checked a few other apps and they seen unaffected, so that's good. Need to check others too. I guess I'll have to alter the display settings before and after each SH use, but that's s small price to pay. It appears from your profile that you're located in the land of Respironics. Would that be Murrysville, PA? I was born in Pittsburgh and went to Pitt. Thanks again for your prompt and helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Frank. Based on a quick check, on my Windows 10/PC platform the Preferences/Appearance menu item seems to concern graphical specs rather than overall font size. I'll keep exploring your suggestion however.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just cranked up all of the fonts on the bottom of the Appearance page of preferences and everything on the charts and statistic's got really big :0
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi WLKSRQ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2016, 01:53 PM)WLKSRQ Wrote: Thank you Sleeprider. I tried your suggestion -- via Advanced Options -- and it results in a reasonably sized font size. A downside is that is makes my desktop icons huge. I've checked a few other apps and they seen unaffected, so that's good. Need to check others too. I guess I'll have to alter the display settings before and after each SH use, but that's s small price to pay. It appears from your profile that you're located in the land of Respironics. Would that be Murrysville, PA? I was born in Pittsburgh and went to Pitt. Thanks again for your prompt and helpful advice.

I do indeed live in the Gateway to Westmoreland county. Philips Respironics actually operates two facilities here in Murrysville and one in Lower Burell.

The 4K resolution is kind of new for computers, and the author of the software may want to be aware of a need to accomodate that resolution. Mark Watson operates a "Sleepyhead" group under Facebook you can join. I bet he would welcome your comments. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepyheadcpap/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider. I joined the Facebook group and noticed that the 4K issue is addressed in one of the posts. Several helpful replies. Turns out that SH's preference settings does allow for text font adjustments. Thx again for your advice.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
On second pass I saw the settings you refer to. Thanks again FrankThanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 1,782 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 587 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,309 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79
  Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor cmpman1974 5 690 04-28-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: withtao
  Oximeter Vs Smartwatch vs no heart rate monitor xaid 0 477 03-31-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Best O2 monitor to import into OSCAR? arborgent 9 1,858 01-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  *Info wanted* wrist oxygen monitor spetzal 4 806 01-21-2023, 02:21 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.